Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been mentioned, been on vacation and can't read everything to catch up.

There are a couple of annoying typo's on the track listing on the back of the box.

1) blu-ray disc 1: The Out-takes say 5.1 & stereo but there are only stereo mixes
2) blu-ray disc 2: The track listing for The Raw Studio mixes is messed up. There are 10 tracks, but they skip from 5 to 7 so it looks like there are 11. (There is NO track 6, said in Monty Python voice...).

Got my Imagine today from Amazon Japan.
FWIW, the CDs are SHM. I had to look around the spindle hole to confirm.
One thing I did notice after viewing some of the unboxing videos is that the Japan edition has all of the discs in nice sleeves and a resealable pouch for the box itself.

Last edited:
Don't have the Deluxo set yet.............soon soon soon , though.

But I picked up the Bluray of the film and making of.

I gotta say I'm very impressed with the Imagine Film as it's got all the music in pretty good surround.....and some tunes fr Yoko's Fly album.
And her tunes in surround are surprisingly quite good , both musically and in surround.
Upon listening I think they could be an enhanced version fr her QUAD album .......enhanced for 5.1. Sort of an early quad mix type of presentation I notice , with her vocal in the centre , I think .

Anyways I recommend it , it's rather cheap to for all you frugal type quaddies like me.

Gonna play with it some more this eve.

John Lennon -the Imagine Film and Gimmie Some Truth. Blu-ray (mix by Paul Hicks mit Yoko supervising , Imagine Film....that is ) :) :) :) :) :)

View attachment 36217View attachment 36218

Don't have the Deluxo set yet.............soon soon soon , though.

But I picked up the Bluray of the film and making of.

I gotta say I'm very impressed with the Imagine Film as it's got all the music in pretty good surround.....and some tunes fr Yoko's Fly album.
And her tunes in surround are surprisingly quite good , both musically and in surround.
Upon listening I think they could be an enhanced version fr her QUAD album .......enhanced for 5.1. Sort of an early quad mix type of presentation I notice , with her vocal in the centre , I think .

Anyways I recommend it , it's rather cheap to for all you frugal type quaddies like me.

Gonna play with it some more this eve.

John Lennon -the Imagine Film and Gimmie Some Truth. Blu-ray (mix by Paul Hicks mit Yoko supervising , Imagine Film....that is ) :):):):):)

View attachment 36217View attachment 36218

Really meant to post this on the imagine film/gimmie some truth bluray thread.
Brain just not working the other day. Gotta pay more attention , 'cause I know better . :sleep:

Billboard has an interview with Yoko today. They asked about future deluxe editions:

Q: The Ultimate Collection of Imagine came out amazing. Would you like to see John's other albums enjoy a similar treatment? Is it possible for, say, a Walls and Bridges or Double Fantasy Ultimate Experience to manifest in the future?

A: Let’s see!

Not the definitive answer we'd all love to hear. But it least it wasn't a "no". :unsure:

This looks really good!

Debuts on UK TV on Sat 24 Nov at 8:30pm on Channel 4. "Channel 4’s feature-length documentary about the making of Lennon’s album Imagine, featuring unseen footage from John and Yoko’s Berkshire home where much of it was recorded, is as close as you’re going to get. There’s testimony from musicians who played on the album, plus interviews with Yoko and eldest son Julian Lennon. But it’s John who commands the attention, bashing out his songs on the upright piano so the band can learn them, and telling fellow ex-Beatle George exactly what sort of guitar solo he’s after." - TV Guide

:)

The fantastic (new) documentary about the making of "Imagine" called "Above Us Only Sky" will be released on Blu-Ray on Sept 13th!
Pre-order here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TNVWNNZ/
(The documentary is also currently available to stream on Netflix)

ln 1971 John Lennon's most successful album 'lmagine' was released. The title track has become one of the most iconic Lennon songs. The underlying message of the song and the album however was one of radical engagement and is as relevant today as ever. This film reveals the depth of the creative collaboration between John and Yoko and examines how the art, politics and music of the pair are intrinsically entwined. Bonus features: studio sessions, interviews. Documentary + Bonus Features: 1. How Do You Sleep? (Takes 5&6, Raw Studio Mix) 2. Oh My Love (Raw Studio Mix) 3. Oh Yoko! (Bahamas 1969) 4. Conversation with Curt Claudio BluRay Edition.

71btIYBgovL._SL1500_.jpg

Back