Did Anyone Do Record Store Day This Year And What Did You Get?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutter

Since 2002/2003
I bought a Charlie Pickett with Peter Buck 45 from this year. I also bought The Dream Syndicate LP How We Found Ourselves ...Everywhere. I also purchased a Fleet Foxes 45 with a choral version of Crack Up and a live version of In The Morning by the Bee Gees. I also bought a 10 inch of live stuff from The Lone Bellow. Could have bought a lot more but those things are always priced up.

Snood only got the 3 I wanted which were not anything high pricey

Led Zep - 7 inch yellow vinyl
Elvis Costello - Someone Else's Heart 7 Inch
John Fogerty - Centerfield Picture Disc - looked tooo koo to pass up. :LB

Passed up on the Pink Floyd(n)

I did . see here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/nrsd-2018.24823/

Daft Punk Homework & Dandy Warhols Thirteen Tales on new LP. Eight brand new Vox classical LP's QS encoded only $2 each! Blade Runner 2049 Blu-rei, stereo CD Sly and Robbie and FINALLY acquired Aqualung deluxe set for $50. And two DVD classics Radar Men from the Moon.

One store I went to was so crowded I gave up getting in. I had a great time & will do it again.

Got to see Mike Peters (the Alarm) perform on Long Island NY. One of four transatlantic sets in the same day. Wales, London, New York, California.

Picked up the new Alarm EP

Bowie Now white vinyl
U2 The Blackout 12' single
The Cure Mixed up Picture Disc
The Ramones Sundragon Sessions
Rush Score by Eric Clapton Original version of Tears in Heaven
Lets Dance 12" single Already have this. Bought extra copy for brother.
Lumpy Gravy Primordial. Orchestra only 45RPM 12" Mono
George Martin Beatles to Bond and Bach blue vinyl
Snow Patrol Don't Give In 10' single
Jethro tull Moths 10' EP
Madonna. You Can Dance. Red vinyl
Sun Ra The Cymbals/Cymbals sessions NYC 1973
Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll (sunset Sound Mix) Friends (Olympic Studios Mix) 7" single

Steven Wilson - How big the space ? 12” blue
Pink Floyd - Piper... mono LP
Linda Perhacs - I’m a harmony LP
Jethro Tull - Moths 10”

Looking at these purchase selections, esp Mr Spinner's, is a great example of the wide range & eclectic interests of this forum. I don't really have any music lover audiophile friends locally anymore so I think this place is a great "Readers Digest" of inspiration.

And a special note that we're talking about Record Store day, not just Record Day. There was a great selection of Cd's, DVD's & Blu-rei's where I went. Didn't really notice high res surround music but I need to go back & check again.

Looking at these purchase selections, esp Mr Spinner's, is a great example of the wide range & eclectic interests of this forum. I don't really have any music lover audiophile friends locally anymore so I think this place is a great "Readers Digest" of inspiration.

And a special note that we're talking about Record Store day, not just Record Day. There was a great selection of Cd's, DVD's & Blu-rei's where I went. Didn't really notice high res surround music but I need to go back & check again.

Thanks. Listening to surround for 45 years has expanded my appreciation for different types of music. I discovered so many new bands because of surround.
I did see a few dvd audio discs in the store but had them already. Wish it was not so crowded. I would of liked to browse more but there were many people behind me waiting.

Bowie - Welcome to the Blackout Live London ‘78
Stooges - Stooges (Detroit Edition)
Neil Young - Roxy Tonight’s the Night Live
Zappa - Lumpy Gravy Primordial
Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll/Friends 7”
Rage Against the Machine - Live at the Democratic National Convention
Pink Floyd - Piper mono
Tom Waits - Bawlers, Brawlers and Bastards
The Kills - Live at Electric Ladyland
David Sylvian - Dead Bees on a Tree
Dirty Three - Whatever You Love, You Are
Blue Oyster Cult - Rarities Vol 2