Did Snood do Good? - Marantz 7.2 and 7.1 receivers SR6007 & SR5006

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Was taking Momma Snood to hairdresser to get haircut (Snood offered to cut it meself) :LOL: but she said noooooo:rolleyes:

So on the way on a street a lil off my neighborhood - one of the ritzier house for my area was having a lil tent sale with his exotic birds and some ritzy friends outside drinking in the shade and listening to some koo yacht rock. Think he is artist.

Was way late in the day about 3, they are off the beaten path and maybe 1 car there. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice house :eek:

Well after picking my mom up at 430 went down the road again, and just him and the birds there and no cars........so said hmm drive by - saw some lighting looked koo so said hmmmm:unsure: - around the corner he had some art on a blanket and went whaaaaaaa 2 Marantz receivers stacked up, the 5006 on top. Me am looking and they had tags saying make offer. :unsure: Snood not know much about stuff - so me looking front back on both the 6007 is cleeeeeeean lil dusty back looks nice and all the outputs seemed intact. The 5006 was a lil worn - looked like it had a lot of use, some blemishes on front.

He comes over and we start talking about the receivers, he said he had the 6007 for about 2 or 3 years and the 5006 for a bit longer - said he just replaced his system with something called Niles?? Was like ummmm must be nice...he was like oh yeah and started talking about how he has the system all around his house. Snood had to ask about surround music.......he was perplexed. Snood mentioned SACDs and he said yeah he had heard about them but never had one. End of that discussion he seemed really confused about surround music.

So me asked , thinking he was going to ask a bit for them and that is why nobody touched them. He said for the 6007 he was thinking about 40 dollars and the 5006 about 40.....Snood was like :unsure: - I asked any problems and he said no he just upgraded and had these in his huge garage for about a year. He mentioned only 1 remote, but he would have to find it.

Now here is where you guys and gals might laugh even though me had 200 bux in wallet..........Snood went OK might do some research and maybe come back tomorrow or sometime during the week....is it OK if Snood knock on your door, we talked a bit more and he said yeah sure. Go ahead and laugh and go whaaa Snood:eek: was still thinking hmmm think me remember people saying Marantz is good, but was more worried about getting Momma Snood home and watching football.

Snood take Momma Snood home and run inside to check some Ebay and Bing it not Google (Bing Points Rock) and went :eek: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So drove back only a couple minutes away - His ritzy crowd is back and he asks so did you do your research.........told him yeah this is 4K 6007 so yeah interested in it - he starts hemming and hawing ......welllllllll let me give you my card and give me a week to think about it (meaning me wanted to double check what these things go for). I said look I will give you the 40 as is on the 6007 and you won't see me again.......he goes urgh why you so interested are you reselling.........Snood says no this would be an upgrade to my old POS Onkyo (me thinks? Pretty damn sure) He goes OK, then i ask about cord - he goes off to find and gets it. Tell him the remote is an old Sr5001 remote, but it might work for this unit, if not, can buy online.

So me about to leave and say ahem about the 5006 .........can ya do 30? Think he started getting irritated, gave me a pissed off look and said really?? You know I think you got a real good deal on the other one -Snood shows him the blemishes on the front and he goes go ahead - he say I suppose you want the other remote, so he brings some remote that I am like ummmm this is a universal. He says well just go ahead take them both and the remotes 70 bux - Snood is like :cool:

Snood not done lol...........so me see a spindle of new DVD-R discs he has 2 bucks on.........me say hey Harley will you take 1 for this. He sitting with his artsy buds and looks pissed and goes 2. Okkkkkkkk.........he comes over and all me have is a bunch of 20s and a 5 and one 1 dollar bill.....now Snood knows he is pissed lol cause he looks at me an rolls his eyes to give me change from a 5 and goes here ya go. LMAO

Get home all both power on - the old 5001 remote seems to work for both but not every command - no bluray on remote etc - knobs work, switches work and AB seem to work. Still have to connect, but thinking the 6007 is gonna be fine......the 5006 probably but a lil blemishy on front.

Will have to buy a remote for more than me paid for the receiver lol - also download the manual from somewhere.

So got the Marantz SR6007 & Marantz SR 5006 receivers, a SR5001 Marantz remote and get this..... the other remote is a Marantz Universal RC 1400 (did not even know) They sell for like 50 to 75 plus on Ebay o_O

But what ya think and any personal reviews on these 2 receivers?

Did Snood doooooooo good??:unsure:

Snood, you did amazing!!! :dance

That 5006 is an $800 receiver and the 6007 is a $1200 receiver! :eek:

When I was researching receivers, pretty much everything I read about Marantz was great. They rate their receiver's power much more conservatively than most other companies, which means you will get more real world power compared to other receivers of similarly rated power specs, which doesn't just mean it will go louder, but will also have more reserve power for better dynamics.
Dude, congrats on such a phenomenal deal! :SB

Thanks guys - was just like whaaaaaaa over my head going ummm this can not be real :unsure: lol

would love to hear more input on the 6007 or the 5006 - even if negative - noticed the 5006 might not have a phono input but could be wrong. Looked but was like nah huh :unsure: - but the 6007 specifically has it on the back inputs listed. The 4k was a woah thing for me

tons of hdmi inputs toooo but all the analog tooooooo - So got the receiver/s got the oppo / got the Phono/ got the cassette/ got the game console - now the speaker upgrades :LB:SG:LB

Not looking at mega but have an idea of what me need for where it would be.........

Question being do me really need an PreAmp? Speakers are not gonna be mega mainly nice bookshelf and sub....so thinking no maybe? But Snood Stooooopid :rolleyes:

You will find out like I did after my 70's Marantz Snood that you won't find anything that does music as well.
My long list of brands after my 1st Marantz. Technics, Kenwood, Onkyo, Yamaha, Integra, Pioneer and hate to admit it 2 Denons (junk) they both needed warranty work.
Now back and happy again with my Marantz SR 6011. It caused actual goosebumps when playing music compared to my previous 7.2 Yamaha that I still have in a box along with the last Denon that needed the HDMI board replaced. Why so many ? Son worked at Best Buy and a buddy's brother managed a ABC warehouse, (Michigan electronics mega store). Kept up with newest equipment in the 500-1500 price range if the deal was good.
My top 3
Marantz
Integra
Onkyo

You will find out like I did after my 70's Marantz Snood that you won't find anything that does music as well.
My long list of brands after my 1st Marantz. Technics, Kenwood, Onkyo, Yamaha, Integra, Pioneer and hate to admit it 2 Denons (junk) they both needed warranty work.
Now back and happy again with my Marantz SR 6011. It caused actual goosebumps when playing music compared to my previous 7.2 Yamaha that I still have in a box along with the last Denon that needed the HDMI board replaced. Why so many ? Son worked at Best Buy and a buddy's brother managed a ABC warehouse, (Michigan electronics mega store). Kept up with newest equipment in the 500-1500 price range if the deal was good.
My top 3
Marantz
Integra
Onkyo

Thank you my friend :cool: - great to see ya posting :LB:LB:LB

Was taking Momma Snood to hairdresser to get haircut (Snood offered to cut it meself) :LOL: but she said noooooo:rolleyes:

So on the way on a street a lil off my neighborhood - one of the ritzier house for my area was having a lil tent sale with his exotic birds and some ritzy friends outside drinking in the shade and listening to some koo yacht rock. Think he is artist.

Was way late in the day about 3, they are off the beaten path and maybe 1 car there. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice house :eek:

Well after picking my mom up at 430 went down the road again, and just him and the birds there and no cars........so said hmm drive by - saw some lighting looked koo so said hmmmm:unsure: - around the corner he had some art on a blanket and went whaaaaaaa 2 Marantz receivers stacked up, the 5006 on top. Me am looking and they had tags saying make offer. :unsure: Snood not know much about stuff - so me looking front back on both the 6007 is cleeeeeeean lil dusty back looks nice and all the outputs seemed intact. The 5006 was a lil worn - looked like it had a lot of use, some blemishes on front.

He comes over and we start talking about the receivers, he said he had the 6007 for about 2 or 3 years and the 5006 for a bit longer - said he just replaced his system with something called Niles?? Was like ummmm must be nice...he was like oh yeah and started talking about how he has the system all around his house. Snood had to ask about surround music.......he was perplexed. Snood mentioned SACDs and he said yeah he had heard about them but never had one. End of that discussion he seemed really confused about surround music.

So me asked , thinking he was going to ask a bit for them and that is why nobody touched them. He said for the 6007 he was thinking about 40 dollars and the 5006 about 40.....Snood was like :unsure: - I asked any problems and he said no he just upgraded and had these in his huge garage for about a year. He mentioned only 1 remote, but he would have to find it.

Now here is where you guys and gals might laugh even though me had 200 bux in wallet..........Snood went OK might do some research and maybe come back tomorrow or sometime during the week....is it OK if Snood knock on your door, we talked a bit more and he said yeah sure. Go ahead and laugh and go whaaa Snood:eek: was still thinking hmmm think me remember people saying Marantz is good, but was more worried about getting Momma Snood home and watching football.

Snood take Momma Snood home and run inside to check some Ebay and Bing it not Google (Bing Points Rock) and went :eek: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So drove back only a couple minutes away - His ritzy crowd is back and he asks so did you do your research.........told him yeah this is 4K 6007 so yeah interested in it - he starts hemming and hawing ......welllllllll let me give you my card and give me a week to think about it (meaning me wanted to double check what these things go for). I said look I will give you the 40 as is on the 6007 and you won't see me again.......he goes urgh why you so interested are you reselling.........Snood says no this would be an upgrade to my old POS Onkyo (me thinks? Pretty damn sure) He goes OK, then i ask about cord - he goes off to find and gets it. Tell him the remote is an old Sr5001 remote, but it might work for this unit, if not, can buy online.

So me about to leave and say ahem about the 5006 .........can ya do 30? Think he started getting irritated, gave me a pissed off look and said really?? You know I think you got a real good deal on the other one -Snood shows him the blemishes on the front and he goes go ahead - he say I suppose you want the other remote, so he brings some remote that I am like ummmm this is a universal. He says well just go ahead take them both and the remotes 70 bux - Snood is like :cool:

Snood not done lol...........so me see a spindle of new DVD-R discs he has 2 bucks on.........me say hey Harley will you take 1 for this. He sitting with his artsy buds and looks pissed and goes 2. Okkkkkkkk.........he comes over and all me have is a bunch of 20s and a 5 and one 1 dollar bill.....now Snood knows he is pissed lol cause he looks at me an rolls his eyes to give me change from a 5 and goes here ya go. LMAO

Get home all both power on - the old 5001 remote seems to work for both but not every command - no bluray on remote etc - knobs work, switches work and AB seem to work. Still have to connect, but thinking the 6007 is gonna be fine......the 5006 probably but a lil blemishy on front.

Will have to buy a remote for more than me paid for the receiver lol - also download the manual from somewhere.

So got the Marantz SR6007 & Marantz SR 5006 receivers, a SR5001 Marantz remote and get this..... the other remote is a Marantz Universal RC 1400 (did not even know) They sell for like 50 to 75 plus on Ebay o_O

But what ya think and any personal reviews on these 2 receivers?

Did Snood doooooooo good??:unsure:

Snood DO excellent. And it would be a nice gesture if you put one of those Marantz in your mom's room and let HER groove to 5.1:51QQ and use the other $130 left over dough [from the $200] to enroll in beauty school so that you can really do your mom's hair....in style, snood.:QQlove Snood can smooze with the best of them!

Welcome to the Marantz club Snood. Me a big Yammy/ Pieonear man for many a year. Having recently got the well expensive 8012, I ain't going to buy no other amp. It truly sings at me, far more than my previous amps ever could.

Like the chat with Mr Art Befunkled!!

You one lucky dude Snood...enjoy them beastie boys...(y)

Welcome to the Marantz club Snood. Me a big Yammy/ Pieonear man for many a year. Having recently got the well expensive 8012, I ain't going to buy no other amp. It truly sings at me, far more than my previous amps ever could.

Like the chat with Mr Art Befunkled!!

You one lucky dude Snood...enjoy them beastie boys...(y)

good luck comes to good people and that's Snoodypoos to a tee. Snood = Good :QQlove

now the speaker upgrades :LB:SG:LB

Not looking at mega but have an idea of what me need for where it would be.........

Question being do me really need an PreAmp? Speakers are not gonna be mega mainly nice bookshelf and sub....so thinking no maybe? But Snood Stooooopid :rolleyes:
Snood good things come to good people, so drive past that house regularily, maybe he'll chuck out some nice speakers!

Snood, cool story and glad you got this amazing deal, well deserved.
I have the Marantz Sr6007 and am very happy with it other than the bizarre problem with some BR disc's and playing DTS 5.1.
If you have one of the disk's listed be careful playing DTS 5.1 through this receiver, use LPCM it does not cause a problem.
Reported here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...nd-dts-5-1-problems-on-recent-br-disks.23235/

You had me at "yacht rock":ROFLMAO:

And can we expect a sample of YACHT ROCK from the Sunshine State's newest Do Wop sensations :hiSNOOD and the CABANA BOYS:ROFLMAO:Alvin, Roy and Arnold

image5.jpg

You Can Curl My Hair any time, Snoodkins!

Last edited:
Back