Dire Straits Best: mch too?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Saw it today on a mall, of course no mch here... but it should be released on sacd/dvda too.
Anyone has seen the MCH version?

From what I have read, it will not be a Multichannel release (SACD or DVD-A) :(

I wonder if it was changed at the last minute - for most of the time it was listed for preorder on amazon.co.uk, it had [WITH BONUS DVD] beside the title, only to be changed the week before its release. I doubt amazon just made the specs up, which makes me wonder if it was originally going to have a bonus DVD-A. If you look at the tracklisting, songs from Brothers In Arms and the 2 Knopfler solo CDs already available in 5.1 make up a good portion of the tracks on the Greatest Hits, so it would mean that not all that much would need to be done to complete the set. Another missed opportunity, as we often seem to be saying here!

I'm equally surprised. They have even gone so far as to release three different editions:

1) Single disc (jewel case)
2) Two-disc (jewel case)
3) Two-disc with extensive booklet in fancy book-like carton (ltd.ed. apparently)

The time for it seemed right -- after all, who was waiting for yet another compilation?

Jens

Back