DISCRETE CD 4 CHANNEL LP / ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK MY LOVE / WITH OBI

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All
Have a look at this price $$$$$$$$$$$$$$???...…$1499.99...…………….https://www.ebay.com/itm/DISCRETE-C...353143?hash=item440d34ff37:g:Ba0AAOSw2xRYkNTN

s-l1600.jpg

Yowsa! Make him an offer he can't refuse - - even exchange, Capitol Sounds of the '70s Orchestra! :LOL:

That’s really wild- I’ve got a couple LPs from that series by much more popular artists (Carpenters’ Now & Then & The Singles, Deodato 2, Carole King’s Tapestry) and none of them ran me over $100.

Wakeman’s Six Wives continues to elude me though...

I've been following that seller on eBay for years now...he has an amazing Japanese quad collection, including some stuff I've never seen for sale anywhere else (the Phillips CD-4 of Jim Croce's "I Got A Name", for instance). His prices are outrageous though, and he has this weird policy of marking the shipping at $4 then leaving an angry message under each listing saying it's not actually $4 (?). Still, his listings are cool just for the pics.

I've been following that seller on eBay for years now...he has an amazing Japanese quad collection, including some stuff I've never seen for sale anywhere else (the Phillips CD-4 of Jim Croce's "I Got A Name", for instance). His prices are outrageous though, and he has this weird policy of marking the shipping at $4 then leaving an angry message under each listing saying it's not actually $4 (?). Still, his listings are cool just for the pics.

Yes I have been following this seller as well he has all ways had an excellent collection of hard to come by CD-4 but as you said...... His prices are outrageous....but all he is counting on is that there getting harder to get, and he only needs to sell 1 or 2 and he is making $$$$$$$$$$
It`s amassing what the Japanese market has hidden...…...

Last edited:
I think that sellers' modus operandi is to buy on the Japanese Yahoo Auctions and then hoard them while posting for exorbitant prices on ePay. I have seen rare CD4 LP's disappear cheaply on Yahoo then show up on ePay within hours. That seller can't be all bad as I have noticed a founding member of QQ in his feedback profile. I guess it all depends on how badly one wants to fill a particular hole in ones collection.

There's another seller who will often list a record with a Buy-It-Now in the hundreds of dollars, then after a few weeks, open it up to bidding.
I've managed to score both Carpenters CD-4's, both Hot Butter CD-4's, the Boots Randolph and some Elvis' all for really, really good prices! Like, we're talking around $40 each.
Only one have I been burned on - one side of the Elvis Live '70 disc has ticks and pops all the way through. I've tried it in my spin clean several times and nothing seems to remove them.

Damn, that's cool! Those Mercury/Phillips ones (4DX series) are certainly uber-rare. I'd love to get my hands on one of the BTO ones...

What I find remarkable is when Universal decided to churn out their stereo single~layered SHM~SACDs [which they pressed themselves] that they at least included a few of these ultra rare Discrete QUAD masters on single layered 4.0 SHM~SACDs. That special 7" packaging would be ideal for the presentation and I'm sure they would sell since all the SHM~SACDs were pressed in limited quantities.

Universal is sitting on a veritable goldmine of QUAD masters and provided they're in usable condition, what better time than now to rerelease them on superior 4.0 single~layered SHM SACD.

Back