DKA Upmixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dynamite, you did an amazing job on a request I made for Ambrosia's first album. Really, my friend, it was incredible. You should find that and repost it, people here would love it. I have their second album that many say is even better than their first if you want it sent to you. And I have the SACD of Boston ST if you would ever consider MC'n that one.

Glad to see you back in the game again.

yeah, that's mine. usually i placed mark on prints and on screen background
on menu page it usually should be somewhere in left or right bottom corner.

Amazing job you did there, can't tell about the covers because mine don't have those prints, I often download my covers from elsewhere. Thanks then Otto!!:51banana:

Any information on methods or programms you use? This one is really discrete!!

Adobe Audition. but it's really pain in ars, since at first you're trying to isolate from mix as many elements,
as possible and then from those isolated tracks, do the mix back into surround.
that was desperate times for surround rock releases, if you remember. i did handful of them. some unexpectedly
went popular, like Supertramp, Geordie, 10CC but to be honest, i never was happy with their sound, so eventually gave up.
there was bunch of really good upmixes from floydflush. unlike me, he has plenty of patience to polish what he did.

Adobe Audition. but it's really pain in ars, since at first you're trying to isolate from mix as many elements,
as possible and then from those isolated tracks, do the mix back into surround.
that was desperate times for surround rock releases, if you remember. i did handful of them. some unexpectedly
went popular, like Supertramp, Geordie, 10CC but to be honest, i never was happy with their sound, so eventually gave up.
there was bunch of really good upmixes from floydflush. unlike me, he has plenty of patience to polish what he did.

If you like it or not, I discussed this upmix on another forum and they all were positive about this one, I think I saw you there too. No link here but MWC was one of the guys that pointed me to you as being the one that did the upmix since I classified it as being a retail surroundmix but could find a confirmation on the web. Just a compliment, nothing more :upthumb.

If you like it or not, I discussed this upmix on another forum and they all were positive about this one, I think I saw you there too. No link here but MWC was one of the guys that pointed me to you as being the one that did the upmix since I classified it as being a retail surroundmix but could find a confirmation on the web. Just a compliment, nothing more :upthumb.
sorry, i not really know who is MWC. i never took seriously this stuff, thus didn't participate in any communities dedicated to upmix tech.side.
as i said above, 7 year back situation with new surround releases was very grim so i took the plunge to supply myself with something fresh.
since now are much better, i just buying from time to time something fresh and anyway, even best upmix can't beat good mix from original multies.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully, we can come up with a better solution soon.

Hey, not a problem. I said that with a bit of a chuckle to my self. I've not ventured too far into the world of upmixes, but was curious about this one since I really enjoyed the album.
Besides, it sounds like you've had far more important things going on in your life and I certainly respect that. Kids grow up fast and I say enjoy the moments you have with them. The music will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JanBakker View Post: OK, sounds good though. Now the search begins who did this one

That was done by sansdancer- it's a good one. Mine is incomplete as it quits during the live tracks.

EDIT no live tracks on the old one.

You have to burn the Sansdancer version using a dual-layer blank. (It exceeds 4.7G)

Is there a master list of DKA upmixes anywhere so I know what to search for?

A bit of time has past since this last post, has a "master list" been compiled? From what I can piece together from the web and from my collection I think there are more than 300 DKA Upmixes.

DKA your stuff is off the charts!

A bit of time has past since this last post, has a "master list" been compiled? From what I can piece together from the web and from my collection I think there are more than 300 DKA Upmixes.

DKA your stuff is off the charts!

Thanks! I'm glad people are still getting enjoyment out of these. It's been, what, at least three years since I've attempted one?

As to the list, this is likely because, much like with anything else I've attempted in this "world" in the past couple of years, I went gung-ho about it for about two days, then dropped it. There's a half-written list somewhere on my hard drive. :)

here's my collection of dka music :( lol

Capture.JPG

I was showing my girlfriend that I once had a famous/infamous past, and came across this. Always fun to read the old reviews.

I am alive, well, and have gone through some life changes in the past few years, namely a divorce. Things are looking great for me, though. Although I still have everything all hooked up, my musical interest has shifted more towards vinyl collecting in recent years. Don't even know how quickly I could relearn SPEC and everything else, at this point.

I hope everyone here is doing well. Tim and I are certainly in touch.

DKA

I was showing my girlfriend that I once had a famous/infamous past, and came across this. Always fun to read the old reviews.

I am alive, well, and have gone through some life changes in the past few years, namely a divorce. Things are looking great for me, though. Although I still have everything all hooked up, my musical interest has shifted more towards vinyl collecting in recent years. Don't even know how quickly I could relearn SPEC and everything else, at this point.

DKA

Great to hear from you, DKA; glad you're still around. Your old upmixes still hold up and bring lots of us lots of pleasure. Hope you get back into the game at some point, just the same. Meantime: be well.

DKA

DKA your are the GOAT my friend. I love your work. Hope you get back to it. Nobody is touching you.

DKA
Good to see you’re still around, DKA. Listening to your very impressive upmix of Return to Forever’s Romantic Warrior. Are your upmixes saved to HD somewhere you still have access to? Would love to hear more of your classic upmixes.

Back