Dolby Surround CD's - What's Your Latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Garden - Michael Nesmith (Dolby Surround CD)

7i78sUK.jpeg

aYyo75E.jpeg

I like this album so much that, after Adam inspired me to do a little research and I discovered it was still in print--and could be ordered direct from Nez, yet!--I had to be a copycat. (Haven't sprung for The Garden yet, though.)

By the way: just last month Nez got his First National Band, two of whose albums are available in quad, back together...

Tropical Campfire's - Michael Nesmith (Dolby Surround CD)

5PLUIPV.jpeg

Quadrosound ??!!

-absolutely weird (and wonderful :sun )

oh yes fizzy! isn't it kooky! :p
from what i can gather these guys have done a couple of albums in Dolby Surround, depending on the results of decoding this one i may look out for a cheap copy of their other one on DS CD, maybe not if the mushrooms not very Quaddy! we shall seeeeeee... :D

Beyond The Mushroom Gate - Mandra Gora Lightshow Society (Dolby Surround CD)

Quadrosound ??!!

-absolutely weird (and wonderful :sun )

well this magic mushroom is very Quaddy! :yikes

trippy hippy psychedelia with all sorts of sound effects whizzing about the room! :smokin

there's even gratuitous round the room 360 degree pans for the full Quad experience! :nuke

its kinda like the flaming lips meets the doors via the banana splits :ugham:

i love it! :D

I played the Adrian Legg CD today....hmmmm not that much going on in the rears with the decoder on. Is it any different than I would get with from any standard stereo CD with Dolby Surround engaged? Not sure I’m hearing anything special. What is supposed to be the point?

But did you get supplementary book also? haha

Ah, yes. . .not available in stores. The 55-page square-bound booklet is tucked into the otherwise unnecessary 4-CD "Quad" Jewel Case. I think it's likely to sit at the bottom of my bedside reading stack for quite some time.

Back