Dream Theater - Distance Over Time (22-02-2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

François

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Dream%20Theater%20-%20DistanceOverTime.jpg

With 5.1 mix !

Attachments

• Dream%20Theater%20-%20DistanceOverTime-300x300.jpg
    Dream%20Theater%20-%20DistanceOverTime-300x300.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 116
Distance Over Time is Dream Theater’s 14th studio album and its first for InsideOut / Sony.

The title is up for pre-order right now and (besides Deluxe Collector’s Edition) it's the Artbook (2CD/DVD/BD) edition that includes the 5.1 mix both on DVD and BD, and further contains a bonus track, video animations with the surround mix, instrumental mixes, hi-res files of the album, stems for the song Untethered Angel, extended liner notes, additional artwork featuring photos from the writing session and additional video content.

Additional bonus content on Blu-ray (DVD content identical to Blu-ray)
1. Untethered Angel 6:14
2. Paralyzed 4:17
3. Fall Into The Light 7:04
4. Barstool Warrior 6:43
5. Room 137 4:23
6. S2N 6:21
7. At Wit’s End 9:20
8. Out Of Reach 4:04
9. Pale Blue Dot 8:25
10. Viper King 4:00 (bonus track)

Distance Over Time is the third DT album to receive a 5.1 treatment – previous releases, Systematic Chaos (DVD-V [DD]) and Dream Theater (DVD-A), were mixed by Paul Northfield and Richard Chycki respectively.

Last edited:
Oh hell yea! And a 5.1 mix, what a bonus!!

Looks like the only way to the get the 5.1 is by the deluxe or super deluxe box set. At $55ish I'm probably going to wait and see if it shows up on Amazon, importCDs or some such.

I used to like this band back around Train of Thought but sadly I just can't bear James's vocals anymore. Hopefully they release an instrumental version of the new album, sorry James it's not you it's me.

I used to like this band back around Train of Thought but sadly I just can't bear James's vocals anymore. Hopefully they release an instrumental version of the new album, sorry James it's not you it's me.

Well you're in luck. The Limited Edition 2CD/Blu Ray/DVD has an instrumental only disc.

I just watched an interview with James Labrie and he says Rich Chycki is the audio engineer for this album (he doesn't mention who did the 5.1 mix, though). On Wikipedia, Rich is credited with "vocal track engineering and production".
.....................hopefully it's someone who can hear behind them :ROFLMAO:

Back