DTS-CD DTS to WAV?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the DTS-HD StreamPlayer, just open the playlist box and (after renaming to .cpt - this is important) drag in your DTS file & hit "decode to PCM".
DTS-CD just import the "wav" file & do likewise.
Painlessly easy.

I wish I knew about this audiomuxer program long ago. This thing is a piece of cake. Just one tidbit I want to get down in writing on here for others, I've found some CD-Rs I've been extracting and then running through the audiomuxer, don't work right without a little modification. When I get a file that audiomuxer doesn't decode, I find there is very brief silence at the beginning of the file, and I need to trim all silent samples off of the wav. Then, audiomuxer detects it's dts, makes a fixed version of the file, which it will then decode.

Just an update....not sure if this will help with commercial DTS CDs. I've got my BBA disc out, and ripped it, no go. Found a bit of silence, trimmed that, still no go. Found that the beginning dts signal was significantly different for a short bit, which I believe is encoded silence, so I tried to trim that as well, no go. Absolutely won't decode this disc. And I remember my old process for this also didn't work on commercial DTS CDs.

Anyone come up with a method for these discs yet?

Interesting, took one more sample off the front of the file, and that did it. Detected it was DTS, and made a fixed file. The sample in one of the channels was zero, but it wasn't zero on the right channel, so I'm not sure what's up with that, but once I took that sample off, it detected it. This program is very finicky about detecting if a stream is DTS or not, would be nice if some fixing could be done to allow this to more reliably detect DTS, or allow you to override and force DTS decoding.

Using tranzcode (as above) worked.... on commercial discs...

has anyone found an easy way to do this yet?

I used to use dtsparser and azidts, but azidts is giving me an error now and I can't for the life of me find any guide on how to do this with azidts anymore.

Foobar2000 is a worthless piece of crap that just makes a file that is half the length of what it should be and all choppy. Absolute garbage that has wasted my time and I won't touch anymore.

is there anything that works? I used to be able to do this with azidts, but it won't work, and I can't find a guide anywhere anymore.

I used Foobar successfully, the only thing is that the output files are 16 bit, while the disc says that it is 20-bit. The dts decoder used only does 16-bit, I guess.

Well, I found there is a solution the the audiomuxer issue of it not always being able to detect a dts stream. When opening a dts wav file, from the Files of type dropdown, you should select DTSWav Files. This will cause it to run a repair if necessary to create a new dts wav file, and then you'll have a file it will decode with no problem.

I'll have to try out the AudioMuxer program at some point. A quick look through the manual I found this quote "DTS files created by the SurCode DTS encoder are not compatible for AudioMuxer. You will get a “<not a valid audio file>” message. For that reason if these DTS files are created outside AudioMuxer then you have to let AudioMuxer to convert them to a compatible DTS format. Load the DTS file in the Audio Conversion list and AudioMuxer will automatically convert them to a compatible DTS file, and a new file will be created with a “.fixed.dts” extension". This is not really a repair but a conversion to a compatible format.

I used Foobar successfully, the only thing is that the output files are 16 bit, while the disc says that it is 20-bit. The dts decoder used only does 16-bit, I guess.
upon choosing format there are options related to bit selection of converted audio stream.
"auto" as shown in picture, will retain original bit count of source. you may scroll down and
select others from 8 to 32bit

foobar2000.gif

Well, I've run into several discs that audiomuxer still won't decode even when selecting dtswav.
This is quite pathetic, I can't find one damn reliable method for dts decoding. tranzcode gives me nothing but errors that I can't find any solution for, vlc does jack shit, foobar makes sped up files, and audiomuxer picks and chooses what files it will and won't decode.

Pathetic.

Nothing but rubbish.

Can't anyone out there program a damn program to actually work and do one damn simple task of decoding a damn file?

Also, I can't for the life of me find the dts-hd stream player. I have the dts-hd suite installed, which according to the description should include the player, but I only see the encoders and the streamtools, no stream player.

Well, I've run into several discs that audiomuxer still won't decode even when selecting dtswav.
This is quite pathetic, I can't find one damn reliable method for dts decoding. tranzcode gives me nothing but errors that I can't find any solution for, vlc does jack shit, foobar makes sped up files, and audiomuxer picks and chooses what files it will and won't decode.

Pathetic.

Nothing but rubbish.

Can't anyone out there program a damn program to actually work and do one damn simple task of decoding a damn file?

When Audiomuxer didn't work I used tranzcode & it worked a treat...

What DTS CD titles are you trying to convert?

Turns out audiomuxer just needed a fix, I was able to follow advice earlier in this thread, and get in touch with Ply4itloud on SBU, who had me send him the files I was trying to work on. He found the problem, fixed it, and sent me an updated version of the program, which I guess will be rolling out soon. So, now it seems finally we have an easy to use program that easily and consistently will convert a dts wav to a multi-channel wav.

Hey guys, I didn't red this whole thread, but the other day I went ahead and ripped one of my DTS CDs to WAV with the program "RipOff" (I'm on Linux, Ubuntu to be precise). I played back the extracted WAVs with VLC media player and lo and behold: perfect 6-channel sound, as ripped straight from the CD. No other modifications were necessary.

Is there a transcode gui that allows me to demux 4 channels (on quadraphonic DTS files) - the only
one I can find has the options for 6 channels or stereo - it does not have an option for 4 channels

thanks
Bill

Hi I'm the author of Tranzcode,Cheers, Austin Forgotten

If you don't have that option, then demux to 6 channels and then use Foobar2000 or Audacidy to remap the output to 4 channel.

problem is - the original DTS file only has 4 channels of information - transcode gives me an error when I have it set to decode to 6 channels.
if I have a 5.1 channel DTS file - it works fine, but it detects when I try and trick it.

If you don't have that option, then demux to 6 channels and then use Foobar2000 or Audacidy to remap the output to 4 channel.

See if the file will play in Foobar, if so you can convert it from there. All my (4-channel) DTS files are actually 6 (5.1) channel with the centre and LFE channels blank, so no way for me to try it.

Back