DTS-CD DTS to WAV?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Austin,
doesn't seems to me the "fix" dts stream is implemented in 0.4, or did i looked badly at the options?

Hi Bob! It's been awhile buddy, take care :)

@ winopener: Your right the "fix" stuff I was talking about IS NOT implemented yet, that will hopefully come about when I get my GUI version working, also I need to rewrite the console (.4 beta) into a .dll which I'll use whit the GUI version. All the mumbo jumbo about fixing frames was the idea that I came up with in March, which sidetracked me from finishing up some other features on the console version, so I decided to make available what I wrote back then as a beta release. (Basically the fix frames mumbo jumbo above was my excuse for releasing the beta ver which does NOT have the "Two-Pass", Downmixing to stereo, gain adjust, etc. features which I actually wanted to have in v 0.4)

Austin

Here's an easy way to use tranzcode on one or more wavs without having to use the command prompt nor having to edit bat files all the time.

All you need to do is place tranzcode.exe in a folder as well as any wav files you wish to process. Copy the following into text editor and save as tranzcode.bat. in the same folder. Then just double-click the .bat file and you're off.

REM
REM mass convert dts wav to 6 mono wav
REM
REM %%I is the filename+extension of every single *.wav file in the actual directory
REM
REM
FOR %%I IN (*.wav) DO tranzcode "%%I"

Works like a charm!
-Fretz

What if you wanted to resample each dts file from 44100 Hz to 48000 Hz
where would you add the "/48000" ?

What if you wanted to resample each dts file from 44100 Hz to 48000 Hz
where would you add the "/48000" ?

if you use 0.40 beta, just add the switch.

FOR %%I IN (*.wav) DO tranzcode "%%I" /48000

you can also control the bitrate

FOR %%I IN (*.wav) DO tranzcode "%%I" /24 /48000

results in 24/48 files

Thank you AF for a great app - can't wait for the gui.
A robust batch processing feature in it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bob! It's been awhile buddy, take care :)

@ winopener: Your right the "fix" stuff I was talking about IS NOT implemented yet, that will hopefully come about when I get my GUI version working, also I need to rewrite the console (.4 beta) into a .dll which I'll use whit the GUI version. All the mumbo jumbo about fixing frames was the idea that I came up with in March, which sidetracked me from finishing up some other features on the console version, so I decided to make available what I wrote back then as a beta release. (Basically the fix frames mumbo jumbo above was my excuse for releasing the beta ver which does NOT have the "Two-Pass", Downmixing to stereo, gain adjust, etc. features which I actually wanted to have in v 0.4)

Austin

Keep us posted on the progress of this fine tool, please?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but cannot for the life of me remember what to use to rip a DTS-CD to files that will decode.
Tried WaveLab "Import Audio CD" and got what looked like the files, but they refused to decode.
What is the rip tool I should be using please?

I was wondering the same thing. that thread doesn't seem to address how to rip the cd, but rather talks about what to do with the files after it's ripped, which I don't have a problem with.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but cannot for the life of me remember what to use to rip a DTS-CD to files that will decode.
Tried WaveLab "Import Audio CD" and got what looked like the files, but they refused to decode.
What is the rip tool I should be using please?

I use EAC or Foobar2000. Both are freeware. Both copy files from a DTS CD and save as .wav.

One can also play the resulting .wav with Foobar2000 when one has the DTS Decoder Component installed (also free).

Hope this helps.
George

has anyone found an easy way to do this yet?

I used to use dtsparser and azidts, but azidts is giving me an error now and I can't for the life of me find any guide on how to do this with azidts anymore.

Foobar2000 is a worthless piece of crap that just makes a file that is half the length of what it should be and all choppy. Absolute garbage that has wasted my time and I won't touch anymore.

is there anything that works? I used to be able to do this with azidts, but it won't work, and I can't find a guide anywhere anymore.

I used to use the decoder in VLC player, but since switching to Windows 7, the new VLC player has changed and I've been unsuccessful in getting the new one to do what the old one did fine.

VLC is useless for this. It can playback dts, but saving to .wav.....never gotten it to work, have tried several times, always with the most current version at the time.

Audiomuxer is also a no go. Tells me my .dts file isn't valid to convert.

I know I've gotten this to work with azidts in the past, but it keeps giving me an error about failed createfilter.

Nothing seems to work. Every damn time I want to simply convert a .dts file to .wav, I always have to go through 20 different methods that never work and jump through a million hoops to finally find something that works, and then it never works again the next time I try.

VLC is useless for this. It can playback dts, but saving to .wav.....never gotten it to work, have tried several times, always with the most current version at the time.

Audiomuxer is also a no go. Tells me my .dts file isn't valid to convert.

I know I've gotten this to work with azidts in the past, but it keeps giving me an error about failed createfilter.

Nothing seems to work. Every damn time I want to simply convert a .dts file to .wav, I always have to go through 20 different methods that never work and jump through a million hoops to finally find something that works, and then it never works again the next time I try.

1. Are you using the latest version of AudioMuxer?

2. If you are having issues, have you contact Ply4itloud on SBU?

What I am reading here should work with AudioMuxer just fine. It's worth discussing your issue on SBU. If there's a bug, Ply4it will, more likely than not, address it in an update. We're not dealing with a big software company here. :)

FYI - I've managed to get Audiomuxer to convert some DTS CDs to WAV, but not all - e.g. Band on the Run worked but Sting Ten Summoner's Tales didn't..

I think the ones that don't work have metadata as PCM...rather than DTS (see below)

Capturest.JPG

Where the ones that do get fixed on the fly:

Capturebotr.JPG

I need to try tranzcode.....

I just downloaded and installed it right now, so it should be the latest.

I've controlling my computer remotely from work to try and lay some ground work for my latest test. I obtained .wav files of the dts conversion of the ELP 3 tape set, but they are dts encoded wavs, so I used dtsparser to convert it to .dts wavs, which I'm supposed to be able to then convert to 6 channel .wav, but that's the step I'm stuck at.

Once I've got that converted, I want to see what the version of capstan I'm testing out can do with it.

I'll take a closer look and see about contacting someone about troubleshooting audiomuxer when I get home and can take a closer look.

Looks like tranzcode is converting a dts file (renamed from a dtsWAV file) (of Ten Summoners Tales) to 6 mono wavs for me....

Capturetr.JPG

I think I got it. I was trying to use the convert ac3/dts to spdif wav/flac tool on the .dts file I created, since in the past I found I needed to have a .dts to get to 6 channel wav. But then I saw that screenshot, and saw that you were working with a .wav, so I went back to the original .wav I obtained, and did file conversion on that, and I think I have a 6 channel .wav now. Will have to give it a listen when I get home.

Here's the process for the OLD VLC Player:

Put the DTS CD in your CD- Rom drive

Run VLC Media Player

Click “File – Open Disc”

Select “Audio CD.” Select a track number (you’ll have to do this process for each track on the disc)

Down near the bottom, select “stream/save”, the click “settings

For output, select “file”, then click “browse” and give your output file a name. Be sure to add the “.wav” extension to the file name.

For “Encapsulation Method,” select .wav

Check the box next to “audio Codec” then choose the settings Audio Codec = s16l, bitrate = 512, channels = 6

Click “OK.” Click “OK” again

The player should now look like it’s playing the file quickly, though you will hear no sound.

When it is done, run Adobe Audition.

Either open the file in edit mode, and it will open 6 individual .wav files, or insert the audio into a multitrack session and Audition will place the 6 individual .wav files in the session for you.

--------------------

This ALWAYS worked for me. What was interesting was it gave you a layered .wav. If you open it in Audition, it will open 6 seperate files from the one file. Also, Winamp of all things would play this file in 4 channels!! I've never read anything about winamp having support for multichannel, but it will play this wonky layered .wav with proper channel locations.

Back