Dutton Vocalion April 2018 Surround Sound SACDs (Guess Who, Rick Derringer & The Hues Corporation)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may sound OCD, but I have a reason. Can anyone tell me the approx. dimensions of the package containing only one SACD please ? My reason is, I may not be home when it arrives, and I'd like to know if it'll fit inside my apt. mailbox, rather than left on the porch to get stolen. I chose no tracking, so if I go out, before my Informed Delivery e-mail arrives...

This may sound OCD, but I have a reason. Can anyone tell me the approx. dimensions of the package containing only one SACD please ? My reason is, I may not be home when it arrives, and I'd like to know if it'll fit inside my apt. mailbox, rather than left on the porch to get stolen. I chose no tracking, so if I go out, before my Informed Delivery e-mail arrives...

I ordered 3 and package was about 1.25” thick. And Maybe 2” wider than CD case. Ballpark estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! Mine arrived today. I had given up hope. Currently listening to All American Boy (have the quad vinyl)
And will get to the guess who and hues corporation later. Sound and mix so far great just not knocked out by the song writing. Would love to see the Johnny and Edgar Winter quads come out.

Vocalion is our last hope......

I just got my three QUADRAPHONIC albums on D/V SACD!!!! It took only 7 days from order to delivery.

So that is three of my childhood albums I've gotten in quad just recently. Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, and now Derringer I adored as a baby just out of the crib and tasting my first brush with freedom, rebellion, and Rock & Roll!!!. Thanks to AF and now D/V for these gifts I waited almost my whole prime of my life for.

I just can't wait until the next rock and pop and country titles come out! And I hope D/V see a up tick of orders when they do Rock titles. I know those two-fers are a lot of work for the label. I hope this continues.

I just got my three QUADRAPHONIC albums on D/V SACD!!!! It took only 7 days from order to delivery.

So that is three of my childhood albums I've gotten in quad just recently. Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, and now Derringer I adored as a baby just out of the crib and tasting my first brush with freedom, rebellion, and Rock & Roll!!!. Thanks to AF and now D/V for these gifts I waited almost my whole prime of my life for.

I just can't wait until the next rock and pop and country titles come out! And I hope D/V see a up tick of orders when they do Rock titles. I know those two-fers are a lot of work for the label. I hope this continues.

I found my signed copy. Scan came out well so I thought I'd share.
derringer AAB.JPG

1980, oh my god has it really been that long...... no it's been even longer since '73

Last edited:
Just placed another order with Dutton Vocalion for three more discs. Rick Derringer, Pure Prairie League and with just a little hesitation The Guess Who.

Almost forgot, many thanks to haikubass for your effort on the "Surround Release" threads, they're costly but worthy.

Thanks for the adjustment for McCrutchy, I feel much better.

Last edited:
1 Pierre Boulez Conducts Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Chet Atkins - Superpickers & Chet Atkins Picks the Best [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Charles Gerhardt/Kiri Te Kanawa - Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann & bonus track [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Poco - Cantamos & Seven [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Chase - Pure Music & Chase [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Just ordered me some stuff!!! Keep 'em coming DV!

1 Pierre Boulez Conducts Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Chet Atkins - Superpickers & Chet Atkins Picks the Best [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Charles Gerhardt/Kiri Te Kanawa - Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann & bonus track [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Poco - Cantamos & Seven [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
1 Chase - Pure Music & Chase [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Just ordered me some stuff!!! Keep 'em coming DV!

and they arrived in ELEVEN days. Holy crap. That's a new record by far.

and they arrived in ELEVEN days. Holy crap. That's a new record by far.

Excellent choices, stormchaser.......Enjoy! BTW, any cracked cases. My last shipment had 3 and I did note that in the special instruction box when I placed my order yesterday for 12 D~V SACDs? They should pack them better, IMO. The s/h charges were £20.50[US $25.88]!

Excellent choices, stormchaser.......Enjoy! BTW, any cracked cases. My last shipment had 3 and I did note that in the special instruction box when I placed my order yesterday for 12 D~V SACDs? They should pack them better, IMO. The s/h charges were £20.50[US $25.88]!
I had ordered a single a couple weeks ago, arrived 2 days ago. It came in a pretty flimsy package that was all torn up...poke holes and tears in it. I honestly have no idea what trauma these packages go through....nor do I understand it. Luckily, my disc and case were unharmed.

All the cases seem to be intact, but certainly I can see given how cases could get cracked given the relative lack of padding in the box.

Back