Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Yes the street behind me has a name startng with the same letter as my street...
I used to regularly get mail for the same address on that street and walked it over. Sometimes a new mail carrier isn't careful. I recently had to order a replacement for a cd
that never arrived from amazonuk. Several weeks later the original delivery arrived. With the last three digits of my address written at the top of the envelope....so where was it all this time.

If I take a walk this afternoon on the street behind me and hear rick derringer and the who live at the fillmore in 1968 (yes waiting for that too) I'll know my packages arrived....

Hate to be Debbie Downer but the mail has come and gone and no discs. I never worried before but only because they are shipping faster now I expected them. I don't fault Vocalion just local delivery issues.
But its not like I don't have other Dutton mastered discs to listen to... :)

Hi MikeZ does informed Delivery work for you? Im thinking of signing up but don't want to be bombarded by messages for every letter that comes. Does it work for packages too? This is from USPS. My Vocalion discs shipped april 27 and Id sure like to know if they got delivered somewhere. Also mail theft is becoming common unfortunately.

Hi MikeZ does informed Delivery work for you? Im thinking of signing up but don't want to be bombarded by messages for every letter that comes. Does it work for packages too? This is from USPS. My Vocalion discs shipped april 27 and Id sure like to know if they got delivered somewhere. Also mail theft is becoming common unfortunately.

Well, it doesn't include junk, so that usually fills the box more than I expect, but overall, yes. I get one e-mail in the morning, with a scan of the letters, and the tracking number (if there is one) of any package. It is free, so that's a plus.

I've found Informed Delivery to be very hit and miss. If it says I'm going to get something and includes a scan, then I'll definitely get it. But sometimes it just has a vague note about something coming for which they don't have a picture, and that can mean pretty much anything. Other times more stuff winds up getting delivered than they mentioned and there was no note about it. In fact, my last D-V shipment just showed up the day it was delivered with no hint at all that it was coming.

Overall I think it's a nice thing to have, but it's definitely imperfect.

I've found Informed Delivery to be very hit and miss. If it says I'm going to get something and includes a scan, then I'll definitely get it. But sometimes it just has a vague note about something coming for which they don't have a picture, and that can mean pretty much anything. Other times more stuff winds up getting delivered than they mentioned and there was no note about it. In fact, my last D-V shipment just showed up the day it was delivered with no hint at all that it was coming.

Overall I think it's a nice thing to have, but it's definitely imperfect.

I love it...it's really designed to just track "letter size" mail on your dashboard...and it does that for me...packages can be tracked separately by just going to the site(USPS)and put the tracking number in for your package and request "updates" to an email address...the overseas stuff is problematic because it involves numerous carriers...not just the postal service....sometimes it goes thru 3 carriers before even reaches the Postal Service...it just doesn't cover everything...but it's already saved me a lot of trouble..

What we cant control is the performance of the mail carriers.......I think the main problem is vacation relief who aren't familiar with the delivery routes and wont learn them.. if mail is put in the wrong mailbox you are dependent on the honesty of the recipient. and then there are those who follow deliveries looking for opportunities to snatch them up. Ultimately we may all have to rent post boxes from the post office (at least here in the usa).

Thanks guys. Yes the street behind me has a name startng with the same letter as my street...
I used to regularly get mail for the same address on that street and walked it over. Sometimes a new mail carrier isn't careful. I recently had to order a replacement for a cd
that never arrived from amazonuk. Several weeks later the original delivery arrived. With the last three digits of my address written at the top of the envelope....so where was it all this time.

If I take a walk this afternoon on the street behind me and hear rick derringer and the who live at the fillmore in 1968 (yes waiting for that too) I'll know my packages arrived....

That's one of the reasons I signed up for informed delivery...my regular mail carrier has been off work due to an injury...it helps with first class mail...if I get the scan about mail that is supposed to be delivered I have documentation to take to the Postal Service in case it's not delivered...

I love it...it's really designed to just track "letter size" mail on your dashboard...and it does that for me...packages can be tracked separately by just going to the site(USPS)and put the tracking number in for your package and request "updates" to an email address...the overseas stuff is problematic because it involves numerous carriers...not just the postal service....sometimes it goes thru 3 carriers before even reaches the Postal Service...it just doesn't cover everything...but it's already saved me a lot of trouble..

Yep, I've done the package thing as well. That usually works, though a couple months back a record got to town and got a delivery date...that came and went. It sat for several days in "delivery date unknown" status or something like that and then finally showed up.

I'm really not trying to badmouth it, we had nothing before and now we have something. I'm just warning people not to put more faith in it than it warrants.

Yep, I've done the package thing as well. That usually works, though a couple months back a record got to town and got a delivery date...that came and went. It sat for several days in "delivery date unknown" status or something like that and then finally showed up.

I'm really not trying to badmouth it, we had nothing before and now we have something. I'm just warning people not to put more faith in it than it warrants.

I know you aren't...it doesn't cover everything and it sure isn't perfect...but for me it's paid dividends...and I think it's a no lose situation to have it...it costs nothing....

FedEx isn't any better. I sat and watched my Oppo BDP-203 be "out for delivery" all day...until magically it was suddenly in limbo. Finally got it halfway through the next day.

Fed Ex...in my area is a joke...they will come to your door and leave it there and not even knock on the door...UNLESS you pay for a signature delivery...I asked one Fed Ex delivery employee once why he didn't even bother to knock...and he looked me in the eye and said..."cause I'm not required to"....geeze...I mean you are already at the door ..why not knock....I called Fed Ex to complain and they told me they don't have to knock...so now to find out if it's in front of my door I have track it on my computer(n)

I've had only USPS deliveries for about the last year or so, maybe longer. A lot of the carriers hate they have to go around the complex, bringing packages too large for the boxes, directly to the door of the recipient. I don't blame them. We should have large lock boxes for packages, but we're on our third owner, in as many years, and I don't know if it's on their agenda, or not. This is Boom Town, where the property has skyrocketed in value, and a real life game of Monopoly is being played. Lock boxes not a priority for anyone, except maybe a few of us...and the poor carrier.

That's one of the reasons I signed up for informed delivery...my regular mail carrier has been off work due to an injury...it helps with first class mail...if I get the scan about mail that is supposed to be delivered I have documentation to take to the Postal Service in case it's not delivered...

I've had excellent results with USPS Informed Delivery. Shows all the mail each morning before it arrives.
And a separate tab for packages (no scanned images).

Thumbs up!

Back