Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two separately packaged Blu rays arrived today. Informed delivery had me as " no mail today." Uh, yeah.

Informed delivery is valuable for what it does...it gives you a glimpse of the letter size mail that is on it's way to you...it does have limitations when it comes to packages...but I have been having problems with mail from the UK for awhile now...and Dutton is not trackable even when you have the tracking number....amazon used to be pretty good but not anymore...

Last edited:
Dutton Vocalion tells me the new SACDs for July 2018 have shipped out.
No word on the tracking numbers from DV yet.
Something that I, and others have noticed recently.....

It seems within a couple hours...and sometimes minutes....we all get emails saying "Shipped" after we place our orders. Now, I don't want to poo-poo this, because we've all been complaining about lack of shipping prowess. But...hmmmm. I mean.....do they really ship that fast now? Amazon doesn't ship that fast.......

Regardless of me "poking the bear", I applaud their efforts to get things to us faster. :)

Now, if they could just give us our tracking numbers without us chasing them down. :censored:

Something that I, and others have noticed recently.....

It seems within a couple hours...and sometimes minutes....we all get emails saying "Shipped" after we place our orders. Now, I don't want to poo-poo this, because we've all been complaining about lack of shipping prowess. But...hmmmm. I mean.....do they really ship that fast now? Amazon doesn't ship that fast.......

Regardless of me "poking the bear", I applaud their efforts to get things to us faster. :)

Now, if they could just give us our tracking numbers without us chasing them down. :censored:

Agreed. I've sent an email asking for the tracking numbers.
But no reply to date.

In terms of delivery, I think DV needs to add a 3rd option with something like Fed Ex, UPS, DHL or EMS.
That would probably cost more. But it would get the discs to the US much faster.

But no reply to date.

In terms of delivery, I think DV needs to add a 3rd option with something like Fed Ex, UPS, DHL or EMS.
That would probably cost more. But it would get the discs to the US much faster.

I received my last batch [April 2018] of D~V discs from UK > New York within a week last time......with NO expedited shipping!

I received my last batch [April 2018] of D~V discs from UK > New York within a week last time......with NO expedited shipping!

The last order here was just over 2 weeks via expedited shipping from DV.
They remain the slowest of the SACD sellers in terms of delivery of product.

But no reply to date.

Although it would be nice to have Dutton do all these things that people on here want...be careful what you wish for...there are a lot of folks on here that already fail to see what an amazing bargain these discs are...and your suggestion of "anything" costing more...sends cold shivers down the necks of the "bargain" hunters on here...IMO they have improved the shipping speed...this is a small company...not amazon...which IMO is a good thing...but if people continue down the road of always wanting more... I'm not so sure they will like the end result...and as a side note...the tracking on amazonUK to the US is useless until it "almost" reaches your home...

Although it would be nice to have Dutton do all these things that people on here want...be careful what you wish for...there are a lot of folks on here that already fail to see what an amazing bargain these discs are...and your suggestion of "anything" costing more...sends cold shivers down the necks of the "bargain" hunters on here...IMO they have improved the shipping speed...this is a small company...not amazon...which IMO is a good thing...but if people continue down the road of always wanting more... I'm not so sure they will like the end result...and as a side note...the tracking on amazonUK to the US is useless until it "almost" reaches your home...

As long as faster shipping is an additional option, it wouldn't affect listeners who choose one of the less expensive options.
And for listeners who don't want to pay for shipping, don't forget about music downloads. No shipping charges at all there! :)

As long as faster shipping is an additional option, it wouldn't affect listeners who choose one of the less expensive options.
And for listeners who don't want to pay for shipping, don't forget about music downloads. No shipping charges at all there! :)

But Brian, with downloads, where's the excitement of tearing open the package, beholding a carefully wrapped SACD, the tactile handling of the shiny, golden~hued polycarbonate disc with its seductive olfactory sensation and running to your player, inserting the disc and hearing Michael Dutton's arresting remastering in glorious Quadraphonic sound while reading Steelydave's carefully researched/annotated glossy liner notes especially commissioned for this incredible series?

And Brian, D~V's expertly replicated two~fer Quadraphonic SACDs are cheaper than DOWNLOADS. And ain't that a kick in the keister?

Physical discs are vestiges of Humanity; Downloads are like Snakes on a Plane!

AMEN

Last edited:

I wonder how many on here understand the workings of a small business...it's never that easy to just "add" services..although it appears that way from a customer standpoint...and to address your previous point about Dutton being the slowest of the SACD sellers in terms of delivery of product.....you might be right...but they lead the SACD sellers in value and quality...something that is more important to me than faster shipping....I don't want them to become another pretentious boutique outlet like Acoustic Sounds....this seems like a flashback to the Audio Fidelity multichannel time period on here...it started out with praise for Marshall and his products and gradually became more and more critical of the releases...I hope that slice of history doesn't repeat itself on here...

the slowest maybe.. but they're the BEST.

i'd rather a slower to arrive DV Surround SACD than a speedier MFSL SACD that could/should have included the Surround but is only Stereo! :ROFLMAO:

ps. DV may be slower delivering but they sure are a fair bit quicker putting their product together than MFSL, AP, or AF ever was, or any other label out there right now...
and the product they put out is exemplary, for the money, its astounding. if you can't wait a couple of weeks, well, really... :unsure:

The Wizard of Watford RULES!

Blame slow delivery times on the Wicked Witch of the West:devilish:

Royal Mail took nearly a week to deliver the latest batch from DV HQ, which really is so near to my house it could be done in an hour.
am i complaining? no! but I blame RM not DV, who shipped it out within about a nanosecond of placing the order!

Royal Mail took nearly a week to deliver the latest batch from DV HQ, which really is so near to my house it could be done in an hour.
am i complaining? no! but I blame RM not DV, who shipped it out within about a nanosecond of placing the order!

Adam, I am SO SO grateful to Michael Dutton and the folks at D~V for making all these incredible QUAD reissues happen I frankly don't give a damn when they arrive ..... and THEY ALWAYS DO!

Dutton Vocalion is a CLASS ACT all the way and anyone who does complain should do some soul searching realizing that in the history of QUAD no one has delivered so much, for so little and with such grace and precision as this once stereo only RBCD reissue company in Watford, UK.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, posted on 29th June arrived the 5th July, so 6 days to go a 150miles-ish, don't worry on the other side of the pond, any delay is on our side, truly snail mail!

Mine also arrived today, just a little while ago as I was sitting here griping about it. Ordered on 22 June and supposedly shipped the same day, so 13 days - which is within a day of the previous shipments I've gotten from them. My only complaint is that when you pay for the tracking, they need to start replying to e-mails when you're asking for the tracking number. Very happy with them overall, though...

Back