Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, same disc, same date. Was just wondering whether to wait a few more days or contact them.

Since Dutton specializes in 2-fers...you and Cheezmo could each send an email at the same time:D...but on a serious note...send them an email now...they have been good about responding(y)

Me too, same disc, same date. Was just wondering whether to wait a few more days or contact them.
I am not sure what to make of DV shipping releases destined for the US. It seems like it either gets delivered in 10 days or less, or it takes 6 weeks.... nothing in the middle. It also seems like if you order within a day or two of the release date, the 10 day ship schedule prevails. I thought at first that perhaps they may have a small supply of product already in the US and ready to go out to accommodate the first batch of sales, but they all come postmarked from the UK regardless if the ship time is 10 days or 6 weeks. It's very curious how that works.

I am not sure what to make of DV shipping releases destined for the US. It seems like it either gets delivered in 10 days or less, or it takes 6 weeks.... nothing in the middle. It also seems like if you order within a day or two of the release date, the 10 day ship schedule prevails. I thought at first that perhaps they may have a small supply of product already in the US and ready to go out to accommodate the first batch of sales, but they all come postmarked from the UK regardless if the ship time is 10 days or 6 weeks. It's very curious how that works.
Yea, very strange. I sent them an e-mail around noon yesterday but still haven't heard back. (I think I'm a little impatient.)

I think I've written this here before, but I think UK customs are to blame for the extended delivery times. Even though we're still pre-Brexit packages can sometimes take weeks to arrive in Germany from the UK. And every time it takes that long, a UK customs sticker is on the package - which should not be the case for deliveries within the EU. Since this has happened with other sellers as well (excluding Amazon), I think it's not a DV specific issue. Now, whether they could declare their shipments differently to prevent having customs juggle them for weeks before letting them go, I don't know...

20 or Quad-SACDs this year? That sounds too good to be true. Although their pace has been quite amazing...

Ok, I just sent a PM to Cheezmo asking him if he received his Poco disc.
Turns out same as me hasn't gotten it. Same as me.
In addition, he contacted them as I have also via 2 e-mails
and neither of us has heard back from them.
So, just wondering, anybody else in the U.S. having this problem?
BTW, He ordered 6/29/18 and received shipped notice on the same day
just like I did. Like I said wondering if anybody else on this side of the pond
having this problem.

Ok, I just sent a PM to Cheezmo asking him if he received his Poco disc.
Turns out same as me hasn't gotten it. Same as me.
In addition, he contacted them as I have also via 2 e-mails
and neither of us has heard back from them.
So, just wondering, anybody else in the U.S. having this problem?
BTW, He ordered 6/29/18 and received shipped notice on the same day
just like I did. Like I said wondering if anybody else on this side of the pond
having this problem.
That seems so weird to me. They always email me.....at the most it usually takes 2 days to get info. The gentleman's name is Simon, and he has always been helpful. The email I write to is
[email protected]

Yea, that's the address I've been using. Maybe Simon is on Holiday. :cool:
Just confirming. Still haven't received the Poco "shipped" on 6/29, emailed last week, have heard nothing.

Guys, double check your spam folder - I've had some D-V emails go there for some mysterious reason, and also make sure you've added the D-V orders email address to your 'safe senders' whitelist. Simon (D-V's head of shipping) is usually really prompt with replies (as many here can attest) so if you haven't heard from him there's most likely some sort of email issue.

If you don't hear anything in the next day or so, PM me with a copy of your order info/invoice (something I can forward to him so he can identify your order) and email address, and I'll forward it on. I did this for another QQ member and we got things resolved quickly.

Guys, double check your spam folder - I've had some D-V emails go there for some mysterious reason, and also make sure you've added the D-V orders email address to your 'safe senders' whitelist. Simon (D-V's head of shipping) is usually really prompt with replies (as many here can attest) so if you haven't heard from him there's most likely some sort of email issue.

If you don't hear anything in the next day or so, PM me with a copy of your order info/invoice (something I can forward to him so he can identify your order) and email address, and I'll forward it on. I did this for another QQ member and we got things resolved quickly.
Thanks steelydave. Much appreciated.
This issue is very baffling.

I've ordered four large batches from DV. One got lost and DV quickly replaced it. Of the original other three, two took around six weeks, while one took around two weeks. In all cases, I had great communication with DV and I never had any doubts that they would make things right.

That seems so weird to me. They always email me.....at the most it usually takes 2 days to get info. The gentleman's name is Simon, and he has always been helpful. The email I write to is
[email protected]
Ok, full disclosure the reason I haven't heard fromDV
is I did in fact use the wrong e-mail address (Duh!)
I sent it to info @.. when I should have sent it to
orders@.... (Thanks GOS)
After sending to correct address they got back to me
straight away. They are sending me out a new copy.
Thanks to everybody that added input to my situation.

Ok, full disclosure the reason I haven't heard fromDV
is I did in fact use the wrong e-mail address (Duh!)
I sent it to info @.. when I should have sent it to
orders@.... (Thanks GOS)
After sending to correct address they got back to me
straight away. They are sending me out a new copy.
Thanks to everybody that added input to my situation.

I'm glad you posted about not getting your copy...if people don't speak up the problems never get addressed...good to see there was a remedy(y) I hope Cheezmo finds a resolution to his problem..

I also wrote the wrong address the other day. Simply went to the contact us thing, and did the info address. Bottom line, point is moot. Disc arrived today! Took a month, but finally got the twofer Poco!

I did not use the wrong address as I replied to the shipped notice and that went to "orders@...". I sent a followup this morning to both "orders@... and info@..." and haven't heard anything. I'm sure it will arrive but this is the longest ever for one of their shipments.

Back