Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, NO YELLOW BRICK ROAD to Watford, Mr. Smithers? Wonder if Michael Dutton has a receptionist named Dorothy?

follow_the_yellow_brick_road_by_radielle-d385szj.jpg

We're Off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of QUAD

You may think you’re seeing the twinkling greens of the Emerald City but that might actually be the salad that’s dropped out of all the kebabs once the pubs have closed on a Friday night! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe Michael Dutton puts on the Ruby Slippers to enable those epic transfers?

You may think you’re seeing the twinkling greens of the Emerald City but that might actually be the salad that’s dropped out of all the kebabs once the pubs have closed on a Friday night! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe Michael Dutton puts on the Ruby Slippers to enable those epic transfers?

Quite possibly, Mr. Smithers. And perhaps Sir Elton should ease on down the road to Watford and have D~V release ALL his unreleased 5.1 titles!

Doubtful, Michael Dutton's the red ruby slipper type. Probably wears red Nikes, instead for maximum traction with all the running around he does!

Last edited:
Wait a minute...hold the presses...you are getting way too optimistic their buddy:D...tomorrow...I mean you are the poster child for shipping delays:unsure:
They didn't arrive...……...so...………:unsure:………….. just how did you get a Peregrine Falcon to swoop down from the Space Station and munch the carrier pigeons bringing my D-V SACDs? :ROFLMAO:

I tried out D/V's new Royal Mail Priority Shipping option with the September 2018 Pop/Jazz releases (George Benson, Billy Paul, Chase, Weather Report).
Very impressive.

Rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery, the SACDs arrived in 6 days from the UK!
I'll be using Royal Mail Priority Shipping in the future. Bravo!

I tried out D/V's new Royal Mail Priority Shipping option with the September 2018 Pop/Jazz releases (George Benson, Billy Paul, Chase, Weather Report).
Very impressive.

Rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery, the SACDs arrived in 6 days from the UK!

Now if they only did DSD multichannel downloads you'd get them even quicker, Brian.

Yep. I ordered on Sunday afternoon and they tried to deliver it Friday. Unfortunately, "informed delivery" said nothing, so I didn't make a point of being able to hear the door. Since the order has to be signed for, they left a slip instead of the package. I went to the post office at opening time this morning to claim it, whereupon I became the second person in a row to be told his item couldn't be found but a supervisor would contact me. Needless to say, the contact has yet to occur.

Yep. I ordered on Sunday afternoon and they tried to deliver it Friday. Unfortunately, "informed delivery" said nothing, so I didn't make a point of being able to hear the door. Since the order has to be signed for, they left a slip instead of the package. I went to the post office at opening time this morning to claim it, whereupon I became the second person in a row to be told his item couldn't be found but a supervisor would contact me. Needless to say, the contact has yet to occur.

I never did get a call, but having nothing to lose I went back to the post office on Monday. They found the package in about ten seconds!

I got my September 24th order of the Poco SACD plus the five September quad discs today. All six cases seem undamaged and I'm playing Tale Spinnin' now... it's the first time I've listened to a Weather Report album, and it's really interesting. The quad mix is utterly fantastic and incredibly involving.

I got my September 24th order of the Poco SACD plus the five September quad discs today. All six cases seem undamaged and I'm playing Tale Spinnin' now... it's the first time I've listened to a Weather Report album, and it's really interesting. The quad mix is utterly fantastic and incredibly involving.

Unfortunately, my order for FIVE D~V titles arrived today with two cracked cases but ironically, I also received the Hendrix AXIS BOLD AS LOVE Stereo SACD from Music Direct, which was incredibly well packaged and the case was toast ... probably shipped that way from MD. Thankfully, I have replacement cases for ALL. Just annoying.

The quality of the music more than makes up for it. Billy Paul two~fer is pretty amazing.

Just got my order today from 9/23 (via Amazon) here on the West Coast. 10 releases (11 discs) and only one cracked case; just the top case, at that. Compared to my last big order where every single case was smashed, that’s a miracle. But why do they persist in using such inadequate packaging, especially for overseas orders? I can’t imagine Burning Shed’s packaging costs are much higher—relatively small, single sheets of corrugated cardboard with strategic cuts and folds—but their style is far more secure.

Back