Dvd Audio Extractor Question or 2?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up until recently DTS decoders available to app developers could not do anything but DTS core. That changed about 2 years ago when DTS-HDMA was added. About then DVDAE and Audiomuxer supported DTS extensions. Music Media Helper does too.

I just did a quick tutorial to use Foobar2000 to Rip a DTS CD and Tag::

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...onverting-mch-discs-dts-cds-foobar2000.25573/

You must have the Foobar DTS Decoder component installed in Foobar

My Foobar, v1.4, I cannot get the screen in the Converter setup does not give me the option you show in processing. Even though I set to FLAC 7 it ripped in WAV. The good news it played in 5.1 and tagged properly, that's almost there, going to try again. It ripped really fast (3 mins) unlike a DVD-A or an SACD (15mins).

Take another look at the tutorial. Maybe you didn’t follow exact steps. Also:

By default Foobar use the Last Format Used. In the Conversion menu there is an option of ‘...’ click that to get to the Conversion Settings screen where you can change all sorts of options (the dialog shown in the tutorial)

Foobar>File>open audio CD>RIP> shows album and tracks>Proceed To Converter set up>OUTPUT FORMAT> FLAC Level 5>Destination>Specify Folder> My Documents>Output File> Convert each file to individual file> Processing> (This is where I cannot get successful)Replay Gain (Does not show me the box that you have in your directions. Two DSP boxes offer nothing.>Other I see no problem here.
When I hit convert it takes me to file folder, Top of folder says "Please locate FLAC.exe" I don't know what that means.

since I downloaded the encoder, I now have the DSP box filled with everything you show but I still do not have the top box in processing called addtional decoding, I am sure that is what I need but can't seem to get it.

All right, good, Thank you. So when using Foobar for ripping DTS, you also need the Encoder Pack and the DTS Encoder. I had to restart PC to activate them.
I just ripped The Police Every Breath You Take, imported to JRiver and played in 5.1, no problems. It is listed as a FLAC file, bitrates are from 1600's to 2100's, dynamic range from 13 to 16 and plays at 44.1 Khz.
All tagging done perfectly, I just had to add the genre.
Are all DTS lossy at 16/44.1 or are they 24/44.1?
I only have 10 more DTS so this will be done by tomorrow.
I will say this I have learned a lot how all music is recorded and out put so different when you listen to a lot of formats even if you are listening to the best of what is out there I have developed a better hearing sensation by all this different listening. DVD-A was my favorite for a long time because of what I got in a physical disc, but now for just pur listening I like either SACD or DSD downloads.

I think I posted on this thread earlier with a brief description and screen shot of MakeMKV. It’s pretty straight forward.

If you’re running Windows I’d suggest you try Music Media Helper and use the MKV to FLAC audio tool once you have your MKV file from a BDA. It will split the tracks into individual files and can tag with a look up of Artist and Album names, but ensure you get those correct (naming and spelling) for the lookup/tagging to work.

You only need MakeMKV and MMH. Nothing else and nothing to configure etc.

My guess is that anything that can rip DTS will rip DTS9624 because 9624 was designed to "look like" normal DTS to older processors. The 9624 extension is only specifically processed by decoders that know what to do with it but will always come along for the ride.

Nope. Just the opposite. It's the 48/24 'core' that always comes along for the ride, and could always be decoded. There was no full DTS 96/24 (or other extension of DTS) by DVD Audio Extractor decoding prior to the April 2017 release. Audiomuxer was the same story until July 2016.

I was hoping I could rip the Marvin Gaye Collection and the Sting Brand New Day discs with the Foobar DTS protocol after failing with the DVD-A protocol. But these two disc are un-rippable to me.

I was hoping I could rip the Marvin Gaye Collection and the Sting Brand New Day discs with the Foobar DTS protocol after failing with the DVD-A protocol. But these two disc are un-rippable to me.
What are they exactly? Seems I may have ripped both of them....not that I'd remember how I did it, but...

Back