Earth: One Amazing Day - The Immersive Experience - (Blu-ray Audio - Dolby Atmos®, Dolby TrueHD7.1/5.1) - Releases 21st Sept 2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cromford

Earth: One Amazing Day - The Immersive Experience, enables listeners to plug into a three-dimensional surround sound environment using any digital playback device, and immerse themselves in a world where music and the sounds of the wilds of nature constantly shift and move around them.

The Immersive Experience is to be released in two editions tailored for playback on either stereo headphones (Binaural) or a home cinema surround sound systems (Dolby Atmos®).

The Binaural Edition, which utilises state-of-the-art 29th Order ambisonics to create an immersive psycho-acoustic experience that can be enjoyed using any pair of ordinary good quality headphones, will be released in the United States on iTunes on September 21.

A limited edition Atmos Edition, crafted for use on any Dolby Atmos® or Dolby TrueHD 7.1 or 5.1 enabled home cinema surround sound system, will simultaneously be released on the US market in disk format via Amazon.com on 21st Sept 2018.

Sources:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/bbcstudios/2018/earth-one-amazing-day-album
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...Amazing-Day-The-Immersive-Experience-20180912

Attachments

• EOADTIE - Front Cover CD case.jpg
    EOADTIE - Front Cover CD case.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 124
  • open2.jpg
    open2.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 114
  • bottom_pers.jpg
    bottom_pers.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 127
Interesting... orchestra and sound effects... I’d like something with just “earth sounds” in surround, but I don’t think I want music mixed in. Sounds cool, though, for those interested :)

Interesting... orchestra and sound effects... I’d like something with just “earth sounds” in surround, but I don’t think I want music mixed in. Sounds cool, though, for those interested :)

Found this, but haven't tried it (on Spotify) -- says the magic word, "free":

edit: sorry, brings up the player and not the login page; search for surround sounds nature (claims to be 3d surround)

Interesting that a project which must have been funded by the BBC's UK licence payers doesn't seem to be available in the UK except as a binaural download. :(

100% commercially funded by BBC Studios (so no licence fee spend on this project!) - Blu-ray likely to be in UK - release date to follow shortly.

Found this, but haven't tried it (on Spotify) -- says the magic word, "free":

edit: sorry, brings up the player and not the login page; search for surround sounds nature (claims to be 3d surround)
this album is not yet on Spotify, only iTunes (and Apple Music) to start. Not to be confused with the Official Soundtrack of the feature film (which is music only in stereo).

Thanks for the link, beerking. No one's heard this yet on the forum but one AmazonUS customer did award it 5 stars. Hmmm
Stunning audio experience
September 26, 2018

I've never heard anything quite like this. The quality, the sounds of nature, the brilliant music all work together to transport you to a place and rush of sensations like nothing before. This is my escape mechanism from the craziness of daily life, something I listen to to calm my brain and remind me of the healing powers of nature and music.

Also on the same Amazon page was a link for Herbert Von Karajan's Beethoven 9 Symphonies newly remastered in Dolby Atmos on BD~A, Hmmm, again! https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Sy..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=T1Y48E5DVSBRBG6XW4VE

Thanks for the link, beerking. No one's heard this yet on the forum but one AmazonUS customer did award it 5 stars. Hmmm
Stunning audio experience
September 26, 2018

I've never heard anything quite like this. The quality, the sounds of nature, the brilliant music all work together to transport you to a place and rush of sensations like nothing before. This is my escape mechanism from the craziness of daily life, something I listen to to calm my brain and remind me of the healing powers of nature and music.

Also on the same Amazon page was a link for Herbert Van Karajan's Beethoven Symphonies newly remastered in Dolby Atmos on BD~A, Hmmm, again! https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Sy..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=T1Y48E5DVSBRBG6XW4VE

Yes..I always have a huge dollop of scepticism for most lonely reviews after reading what goes on.

And why is every link I'm getting these days potentially costing me another £30...:p Thanks anyway!!

Yes..I always have a huge dollop of scepticism for most lonely reviews after reading what goes on.

And why is every link I'm getting these days potentially costing me another £30...:p Thanks anyway!!

If you're referring to the newly remastered Von Karajan Beethoven 9 Symphonies in Dolby Atmos ....... a REAL steal, especially if your system is Atmos~equipped.....like Master Smithers of the UK!

Last edited:
If you're referring to the newly remastered Von Karajan Beethoven 9 Symphonies in Dolby Atmos ....... a REAL steal, especially if your system is Atmos~equipped!

Which it is !! In fact its a 7.4.1 system I'm lucky to have now.
Yes only kidding...cant get enuff Atmos at the mo. Its a life changing experience..imo.

Okay, I've given this one a spin. It is SO close to being amazing.

So, what you have here is about 45 minutes of 2-4 minute themed pieces (mostly original upon a quick glance) around particular animals in particular places (or even plants). Music/choir is placed essentially as immersive big stereo throughout the speakers with a clear front focus. Then, the nature sounds are placed sporadically, with the occasional ability to track an animal from one side of the room to the other. Other times, a hyena laugh comes from behind and startles the listener. Hummingbirds fly overhead. You get to hear what a Sperm Whale sounds like. I had no idea. A Giant Panda cub will crawl around your room. Some of this is fun and really compelling.

So, why did I say SO close? First of all, the screen shows a single image per track, despite multiple different animal/nature sounds whizzing around the listener. As a result, the listener automatically looks to the screen to help determine what the sounds are without the screen being able to answer those questions. So, perhaps this is best listened to without watching the screen at all. I'm also not quite as convinced as the Amazon Reviewer that the music and nature sounds "all work together" as at times they almost seemed to compete for my attention.

Having said all this, I am very happy to have picked this up and will likely use it as the Amazon Reviewer does: to decompress from a busy day. Fidelity is solid, although one can perhaps quibble about the quality of some of the nature audio. I suspect the BBC crews in the field were much more focused on video quality than audio.

I will edit this comment by saying that it is quite possible that my fairly minor problems with this disc won't be yours.

Last edited:
Also on the same Amazon page was a link for Herbert Von Karajan's Beethoven 9 Symphonies newly remastered in Dolby Atmos on BD~A, Hmmm, again! https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Sy..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=T1Y48E5DVSBRBG6XW4VE

If I'm reluctant to consider this, that Amazon page says "1918" as the original release date (!) and only lists one disc . . . however, McCrutchy on this forum vouches that it is two discs that contain the complete symphonies. Hmm. I really don't need to buy more this November, but hey, it's nearly Christmas :unsure:

If I'm reluctant to consider this, that Amazon page says "1918" as the original release date (!) and only lists one disc . . . however, McCrutchy on this forum vouches that it is two discs that contain the complete symphonies. Hmm. I really don't need to buy more this November, but hey, it's nearly Christmas :unsure:

1918 was a good year, halbroome, for wax cylinder recordings.........I'm not going to purchase this set, either, until I know it's discrete and not another ambient recording. I'm sure it'll be pressed [hopefully] in ample supply so I'm in NO rush.

As for the Earth Day BD~A ........ bursts of new age music with animals screeching around the room ....... NO THANKS. I can watch Jumanji for that!

Last edited:
1918 was a good year, halbroome, for wax cylinder recordings.........I'm not going to purchase this set, either, until I know it's discrete and not another ambient recording. I'm sure it'll be pressed [hopefully] in ample supply so I'm in NO rush.

As for the Earth Day BD~A ........ bursts of new age music with animals screeching around the room ....... NO THANKS. I can watch Jumanji for that!

I'm with you on the Earth Day. Atmos is a great concept, I want new music I care about to utilize Atmos...come on man.... Geez...

Back