EBAY REEL BB King Live in Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a new conversion or has it been "out there" for a while? Would you call it an upgrade? Thanks.

Someone posted this BB KING live in japan reel on ebay and people were inquiring whether it has been seen. I had Bob do a conversion and it is available if someone wants it. PM and i can get it to ya.
BB King - Live In Japan (Quad Reel to DVDA-V) front.jpg

Only 1 conversion is around, just trying to get it out to the people.

Certainly doesn't seem to be drawing the attention this title once would have. Last time it was offered, seller wanted a grand! Now, it's stalled at $70. That's territory where even I might try for it. I'm sure there'll be some last-minute bidding but this is indicative of the way the "vintage" market is going. Many Q8's and Q4 reels are simply not bringing the money they once commanded.

Between the official releases of original quads in the last 10 years and the homemade stuff, many old media are now between a rock and a hard place, especially with titles from D-V. What sense will make now to spend 100$ for Deodato Prelude on QR when you can have Prelude and 2 in both stereo and quad on a sacd for 20$? Or 200$ for a Q8 of Pink Floyd AHM when you can have it on a blu ray for 50$ and without the KA-CHUNG on the title track?:giggle:
Som titles will keep the value until there's no official widespread release, CCR for example. But the rest...

Tape has issues especially this far from manufacture date. A real good reason to record at 24/96 and let it go again. Many are in conditions that won't sustain its viability. Makes a purchase a crapshoot. And i think the Perry Como effect will take more and more titles lower in value.

You bet, it starts with less known material and progresses up. Never gets to the largest acts sometimes for a long time. I have seen it even with selling lps. Always exceptions to the rule, blues seems to hold up better, probably less sold, decent desire. Should get Eric - quadwreck -in this conversation, he is the expert. Perry sold a ton in the day!

Back