Edgar Winter -Roadwork

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I noticed this title listed as being supplied by Columbia/Epic Records Canada .(fr Electron Magazine Canada )

I suppose it got close to release in Canada , anyways , I never saw it in any local record stores fwiw.

20180910_172544.jpg

Never came out unfortunately...there are also unreleased quad mixes of the Edgar Winter's White Trash album and Johnny Winter's self-titled (from the robin reels). I'd so love to see a box (or a series of D-V two-fers) with all these Winter brothers quads. Especially TOCOAN, Shock Treatment, and Saints & Sinners. Those 3 are absolutely killer from both a content and mix perspective.

Never came out unfortunately...there are also unreleased quad mixes of the Edgar Winter's White Trash album and Johnny Winter's self-titled (from the robin reels). I'd so love to see a box (or a series of D-V two-fers) with all these Winter brothers quads. Especially TOCOAN, Shock Treatment, and Saints & Sinners. Those 3 are absolutely killer from both a content and mix perspective.

love all of the above Winter Quads! plus i've got a soft spot for the "Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer" album, that's got a cool Quad mix too.

"we are children..
looking at the world
thru Diamond Eyes.." :love:

Just a little more roadwork to add to this title (mixed but unreleased ).

Audio Magazine (U.S.) , had the privilege to review this title in 74 , prior to it's non eventual release .

Forgive my early "highlighting " of this listing , back then I utilized a supposed green highlight pen which was not that effective.
However, if you really look you'll see the title as White Trash/Roadwork ...2 lp set in quad , and the disc #is identical (as U.S. disc numbers always were ) to that Canadian SQ listing==Epic EGQ -31249 .

So that makes 3 Winter Bros. titles that were mixed but shelved for some bizarre reason .
20180912_163114.jpg
20180912_163217.jpg
20180912_163204.jpg

Dutton/Vocalion should try to work something out with Sony so they can license and release some of those Edgar/Johnny Winters and Chase, Redbone, etc., acts that will sell only to old guys like some of us, heh.

'Course, such titles could come out via Sony Japan. I'm still not sure *why* they issued BITCHES BREW, but very glad they did. Not like it was an anniversary edition or anything.

ED :dance

Dutton/Vocalion should try to work something out with Sony so they can license and release some of those Edgar/Johnny Winters and Chase, Redbone, etc., acts that will sell only to old guys like some of us, heh.

'Course, such titles could come out via Sony Japan. I'm still not sure *why* they issued BITCHES BREW, but very glad they did. Not like it was an anniversary edition or anything.

ED :dance

I'd like to see if they could unearth the unreleased Quad of Sly & the Family Stone "There's a Riot Goin' On". That would be an amazing find.

Back