HiRez Poll Elias, David - CROSSING [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of David Elias - CROSSING

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
Really nice disc. David Elias has a voice that reminds me of JJ Cale....he kinda sings TO you rather than AT you. Lovely sound and a nice "in the room " mix. The music is great too....folky, bluesy, bluegrass....great playing. I gave it an 8, and would have given higher, but the standards set by Deadwing and Brothers in Arms are rather lofty.

daved64 said:
Really nice disc. David Elias has a voice that reminds me of JJ Cale....he kinda sings TO you rather than AT you. Lovely sound and a nice "in the room " mix. The music is great too....folky, bluesy, bluegrass....great playing. I gave it an 8, and would have given higher, but the standards set by Deadwing and Brothers in Arms are rather lofty.
agreed. a really nice, great-sounding Mch release. a solid 8. (and what a great last few weeks to be able to add all three of the releases to the collection!)

eelkiller said:
Beautiful sounding disc. How did I miss this guy??

Another outstanding, direct to DSD recording. This one will shine on any SACD system, but it really shows off on the high end SACD players and systems. Wow!

Both of his SACD titles are available from CD Baby at $9.99 each. Would be $24 delivered to the US for both. I read about this at SH forums this morning but knew nothing about him previously.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/elias7

Not exactly mainstream releases today, it is folk music, but I am considering getting both.

Chris

Both of his SACD titles are available from CD Baby at $9.99 each. Would be $24 delivered to the US for both. I read about this at SH forums this morning but knew nothing about him previously.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/elias7

Not exactly mainstream releases today, it is folk music, but I am considering getting both.

Chris

I'd strongly recommend getting both. They are outstanding.

If this was an instrumental it would be a 10. It is a very clean recording with good use of surrounds. However his singing style on most songs are a little too...well.....for lack of a better word...hoaky for my tastes. I know that may seem fickle considering I like Nickel Creek. :eek: I guess it's just a fine line with me. Sorry , but it gets bumped down to a 7.

Listening to this right now. Every time I listen to both the David Elias surround albums, I'm all taken away by their strong moods. Truly beautiful music, and I love his voice.

As I said on the poll for "The Window," there is more going on in the rears here than there is on the other album. Notwithstanding, both albums perfectly exemplify how flawless hi-res sound and surround mixing can draw you up-close into already intimate recordings. Just wonderful.

Listening to this right now. Every time I listen to both the David Elias surround albums, I'm all taken away by their strong moods. Truly beautiful music, and I love his voice.

As I said on the poll for "The Window," there is more going on in the rears here than there is on the other album. Notwithstanding, both albums perfectly exemplify how flawless hi-res sound and surround mixing can draw you up-close into already intimate recordings. Just wonderful.

Yes, the two David Elias Surround SACDs are still classics sonically years after their release.
Favorites here as well. :)

While the Surround SACDs are now out of print - and very pricey on Amazon and eBay - you can pick them up in Surround Sound & Stereo DSD Downloads from NativeDSD
https://skettisandwich.nativedsd.com/albums/SSP3162D64-the-windowhttps://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SSP1661D64-crossing

The SACD is brilliantly recorded, the music reminds me a bit of the Transatlantic Sessions (a brilliant BBC series), Folk/Americana, lovely album, the mix makes you feel like you're sitting in amongst the band, with them in a circle around you. Is a solid 9.

Back