elliot scheiner info.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to know why SO many Warner DVD-A's that were announced/rumoured never made it out..!? (both back in the early '00's and since)... in most cases its hard to imagine the artists involved calling a halt to it (having had surround releases in the past, so hardly being anti-surround.. the Van Morrison thing must have been his not wanting Warner to make more money out of him!)..

Oh how I would dearly love all of these 5.1 mixes (all sseemingly in the bag) to appear, at last..

Rod Stewart's A Night On The Town (Tom Dowd's dead & I doubt Rod gives a shit either way.. we've had a Deluxe Ed so that seems to have sealed its fate..),
Jean Luc Ponty's Cosmic Messenger (perfect for 5.1 and I don't imagine JLP would object to more revenue & exposure for his music!?),
Paul Simon's Graceland (this is where I start to get really down about all this.. the moment for this to finally emerge - since/after the Hi-Rez format wars days when Phil Ramone had apparently originally mixed it into 5.1 for DVD-A - has been & gone with the 30th Anniversary.. although its been rumoured PS' leaving Warner & going back to Columbia may be why but the timings a bit iffy he was still very much committed to Warner back then.. I just don't get it!?),
Stephen Stills' debut (announced as a UK Rhino CD + DVD-A set.. delayed & delayed, ultimately cancelled),
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu (can you imagine?!? a total no-brainer!),
Chicago X (amazingly at least this one LEAKED out! unlike all the others..)

:(

I have a release sheet of
Rod Stewart's Atlantic Crossing (CD4)
Also not released

I'd love to know why SO many Warner DVD-A's that were announced/rumoured never made it out..!? (both back in the early '00's and since)... in most cases its hard to imagine the artists involved calling a halt to it (having had surround releases in the past, so hardly being anti-surround.. the Van Morrison thing must have been his not wanting Warner to make more money out of him!)..

Oh how I would dearly love all of these 5.1 mixes (all sseemingly in the bag) to appear, at last..

Rod Stewart's A Night On The Town (Tom Dowd's dead & I doubt Rod gives a shit either way.. we've had a Deluxe Ed so that seems to have sealed its fate..),
Jean Luc Ponty's Cosmic Messenger (perfect for 5.1 and I don't imagine JLP would object to more revenue & exposure for his music!?),
Paul Simon's Graceland (this is where I start to get really down about all this.. the moment for this to finally emerge - since/after the Hi-Rez format wars days when Phil Ramone had apparently originally mixed it into 5.1 for DVD-A - has been & gone with the 30th Anniversary.. although its been rumoured PS' leaving Warner & going back to Columbia may be why but the timings a bit iffy he was still very much committed to Warner back then.. I just don't get it!?),
Stephen Stills' debut (announced as a UK Rhino CD + DVD-A set.. delayed & delayed, ultimately cancelled),
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu (can you imagine?!? a total no-brainer!),
Chicago X (amazingly at least this one LEAKED out! unlike all the others..)

:(
Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" was one I spent ages hunting for, I don't believe it was ever released.

1.)

no, it never appeared sadly :( the only Heart surround thing was a Live SA-CD which I've never bothered with so I've no idea if its any good or not :eek:

For a Live album its not that bad musically, its the typical live surround 'mix', which for a live album fits. I got it a few years ago for about £19.

1.)

no, it never appeared sadly :( the only Heart surround thing was a Live SA-CD which I've never bothered with so I've no idea if its any good or not :eek:

the live heart is very nice. I have it, got it for under 10 bucks in surround sound

Found this thread today, had no idea about Scheiner's work with Band Of Horses. Did a little sleuthing online and found two videos showing him working with the band in the studio and a 5.1 mix is explicitly mentioned.

Wonder if this one will ever come out...

There's another video of Scheiner working with a group called "Ozomatli", but no 5.1 mention there.

I always thought that box of Infinite Arms missed out on something... It's big and all that, CD, LP, photos etc but no dvd audio disc!

Found this thread today, had no idea about Scheiner's work with Band Of Horses. Did a little sleuthing online and found two videos showing him working with the band in the studio and a 5.1 mix is explicitly mentioned.

There's another video of Scheiner working with a group called "Ozomatli", but no 5.1 mention there.

Thanks for digging out this fascinating thread, @sjcorne !

I don't know about the 5.1 edition of that album from Band of Horses.

But Band of Horses did release Acoustic at the Ryman, a live album of their top songs in Stereo DSD (not available on SACD) that is available at Acoustic Sounds.
It's worth a listen for fans of the band.

Using the latest hardware from DSD recorder manufacturers Mytek, Band of Horses mixed the record in the band's hometown haunt of Charleston Sound. As a result, Band of Horses: Acoustic at the Ryman is one of a mere handful of non-classical/jazz albums mixed and mastered in the DSD format, capturing the ragged magic of an unforgettable performance in dangerously pristine quality.

2014 release, a 10-song virtual "greatest hits" set of acoustic renditions of songs from across the Band of Horses catalog, recorded at Nashville's legendary Ryman Auditorium over two magical nights in April 2013. This DSD release features 4 bonus tracks, 3 of which are not avaliable on any other format.

Having captured this two-night stand's worth of singular performances that the Nashville Scene said "brought to mind the best efforts of Eagles and Crosby, Stills and Nash," Band of Horses set about translating the energy and electricity of The Ryman document into the closest possible experience to having been there.

XBRW3D64__96236__02202014011100-6372.jpg

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/96236/Band_of_Horses-Acoustic_At_The_Ryman-DSD_Download

Back