Equipment repairs & modifications

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phydo

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Jon:

Can you create a section for "Equipment Repairs & Upgrades" where members could post information about where/where not to send their quad equipment to be serviced and or upgraded? There is information scattered around the forum and it may be useful to pull it all into one location.

Justin

Excellent idea Phydo, I for one am accumulating way too much stuff I'd really like to get repaired and have had no luck so far. But, if this section/thread happens, I also think it should be an international effort...after all, were all scattered all over the planet. All with the same dilemma, finding a decent (...reasonably priced AND prompt) repair person that knows what thier doing that won't buggar up our precious equipment. It's hard enough finding someone to do the repair, let alone some who won't mind doing a bit of upgrade modding as well.

Anyway......if this section actually happens....maybe we should set some criteria.....
Here's my proposal for a possible layout of each entry/post in the new thread (info you'd like to know)....
You could just copy the titles in the intial post and fill the Blanks.

GLOBAL LOCATION: (i.e. US/ UK/ Australia....etc)
ITEMS REPAIRED/MODDED: (i.e. Sansui QRX-9001)
PROBLEM:
REPAIRER COMPANY NAME/ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS:
TIME FOR REPAIR/MOD:
FEEDBACK: (was the repairer easy to contact or did you get a answering machine?)
TOTAL COST (Quote Given & Final Cost):
ITEM REPAIRED/MODDED CORRECTLY? (I suggest leaving it at least 4 weeks before filling this in)
WOULD YOU USE AGAIN: Yes/No ( Easy to see if this is last so you can just bypass all the No's..!!)

This might be a bit too involved....It might be easier just to post a name but this way it's easy to compare repair costs for the same problem.

....anyway.....just a suggestion.:)

Last edited:
So be it! Here's the new section!

okay - but now you have to comb thru all of the old posts that touch on this topic and move them over to here - geez jon - dont be so lazy - it should only take you a week or two - non-stop.

w.a.reid

let me be the first to say - dont send your gear to bob herndon - quad bob - you dont get what you pay and wait for.

w.a.reid

okay - but now you have to comb thru all of the old posts that touch on this topic and move them over to here - geez jon - dont be so lazy - it should only take you a week or two - non-stop.

w.a.reid

Yeah yeah it's in the queue........:phones

amongst us there is greatness - robledrew...on epay - or xoaphexox - on this forum - here is a current listing he has on epay - he can do the work - but has a real job too - will take some arm-bending - but as a member here and someone that can do what what quadslob thinks only quadslob can do - i pay him homage for really doing it - and not just talking crap - taking money - making you wait - and then getting substandard work - if i wanted sub standard work i would hire mike z...something in california..uh....zurocho or something like that - i had something from him once - looked like he tried the repair blindfolded - whatever - check out this ebay listing rob has up - i wish my sansui boards looked this good!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sansui-QRX-7001...ptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item230546bc20

thumbs up!

w.a.reid

http://cgi.ebay.com/SANSUI-9090-STE...ItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item45f0e9c939
(i know. stoopid stereo - pffffft, whats that for)
here is some work by chris ready - he has done good work for me in the past - this is not a hobby of his - he does this full-time - 24/7 - 8 days a week.

his telephone number is 610 485 1137

if this post appears somewheres different than here - sorry - i just posted all this crap info on this guy...and now i cant find it - so i tried it again - maybe i lost it somehow - anyways - chris does great work - he uses epay as advertisement - so have a look and see what you can get.

Chris Ready is great! He did a fantastic job on my Sansui G-4700 stereo receiver (a complete restoration). In fact, his work was so good, that I sent off my QRX-6001 for the same treatment. I spoke with him yesterday and he has already done quite a bit of work and told me that it should be done in a week or so, and then he will test it for a few days after that to make sure it is working well. I'll post some pics when I get it back. Really a top notch tech, definitely someone you can send your vintage gear to for some TLC and more.

Back