Fake or real? 2 x GOLD DTS CD polydor japan 2008 - John Legend Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, it's a chinese pressing, so it can be anything by definition.
Second, 48k dts can't work on a cd media if they want to play it as dts-cd are intended; if these are 48k dts-encoded files, wrapped in a video_ts stream or presented as trackXX.dtswav, it's a different story.
Third, it seems legit, so maybe there's something good there.

The really important question is: do exist a DVD-Video of this very same performance? It would explain the mess - repurposing as audio-only a video concert, already seen this happening on other products.

If it's an actual CD, it can't be 48kHz...that would indicate it was recorded on a DVD~V. RBCD is 44.1. Looks like a good deal. 2 Disc DTS 5.1 for $40

Thanks for the response. One thing that makes me suspicious is that the UPC has been used for other titles too.
Googling the UPC brings up at least 3 titles, also 2xCD 24 bit gold CDs, etc.

Also it's not 24K Gold like the AF or MoFi Gold RBCDs but rather gold tinted. Not that it really makes a difference. Are you tempted to buy it? I [kind of] am.

100% phony. :D
not-sure-if-serious-gif-1.gif

Same barcode of the John Legend release... draw your conclusion.:cool:

The lineage of disc 2 is pretty clear if you take into account the typical misspelling of english stuff from the chinese:
GNARLS BARKLEY = BOB MARLEY

Talk about "lost in translation"....:eek:

Whenever I buy something on Ebay I check a couple of things....I check the reputation of the buyer...if they have complaints...what type....I don't buy anything from the Russian Federation...I check what other items they have for sale...in this case it certainly is an "eclectic" assortment of items.....but I have to admit that my initial impression of this seller has changed from "skeptical" to legit....because it's an actual brick and mortar store...and it looks very cool...they just had Steven Wilson there on May 5th...I'm going to ask kap'n krunch to investigate if he has the time...since it is in Denver...check this out

Now I'm not sure the item that is being sold is legit...BUT...the seller certainly is...it could be an item that was purchased from a customer...not sure...but anyone that lives in Denver should check this place out...it looks pretty cool..

Back