Fake or real? 2 x GOLD DTS CD polydor japan 2008 - John Legend Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried to rip it into a wave file and play the file with VLC old version or Foobar with the dts decoder? With these two i've been able to open pratically everything DTS.

Have you tried to rip it into a wave file and play the file with VLC old version or Foobar with the dts decoder? With these two i've been able to open pratically everything DTS.
No Foobar here, sorry. I do know that they play perfectly in stereo. I suspect that they are simply gold cd's with a lot of mumbo jumbo all over the package.

Hey edison...
The store is DEFINITELY legit...been there... I mean , it's the only DECENT b&m shop in Denver that I know of (OK I've only been here since December, but Denver is a big small town... in spite of the skyline!!!).. it's located near Downtown....
AAMOF , if they let you down, you tell me and I'll go there and hit them upside the head (not literally, I am not a violent person...)..but I highly doubt it.. people here are mostly REALLY NICE!!!!
Cheers..
the kap'n... :smokin

As this two disc "DTS" set is still for sale, and Clint Eastwood has verified the seller as legitimate and reliable, I would still not touch it with a proverbial ten foot pole. Other posters who have ventured into "DTS" Chinese replicated discs and reported they're glorified RBCDs with NO DTS encoding are probably the experts on the subject. Besides based on the SONY multichannel SACD of Legend's Get Lifted, I wouldn't imagine anything other than ambience or double stereo in the rears, if indeed it is DTS in the first place.:(

Thanks for all the confirmation guys. I inquired with the eBay seller, and yes, he was very nice and as informative as possible.
I gave him all the facts I could as to why I am dubious about the title. He didn't reply to any of that, except to say if I wasn't 100% satisfied he'd give a full refund.
When I asked him about how the disc was procured he replied: "...am not sure how we got it downstairs. I list what they send up to me. Probably came in a buy we did from a seller as we buy all types of media 7 days a week. I really have no other info on the piece."
At the very least, they need to stop buying these.

It's probably easier said than done. I've bought obvious (to me) bootlegs at both Tower Records and Best Buy. I think it can be difficult to distinguish bootleg from legit in situations where the packaging looks professional, especially if you're not a fan of the artist in question. And while all of us here would raise our eyebrows at claims of DTS or the like, it probably means nothing to most normal people who'd see Just Another Damned Logo.

Thanks for all the confirmation guys. I inquired with the eBay seller, and yes, he was very nice and as informative as possible.
I gave him all the facts I could as to why I am dubious about the title. He didn't reply to any of that, except to say if I wasn't 100% satisfied he'd give a full refund.
When I asked him about how the disc was procured he replied: "...am not sure how we got it downstairs. I list what they send up to me. Probably came in a buy we did from a seller as we buy all types of media 7 days a week. I really have no other info on the piece."

I don't think your approach is feasible or necessary....especially since the return policy is in effect....they can't be expected to "police" every disc to make sure it's legit...fakes are sold everywhere...amazon...discogs...ebay...and most originate outside the US because there is no "real" enforcement in place to prevent these fakes....that's why I don't buy from sellers in Russia...they do it openly because they know they can..

I don't think your approach is feasible or necessary....especially since the return policy is in effect....they can't be expected to "police" every disc to make sure it's legit...fakes are sold everywhere...amazon...discogs...ebay...and most originate outside the US because there is no "real" enforcement in place to prevent these fakes....that's why I don't buy from sellers in Russia...they do it openly because they know they can..
Geez, Tiger. I'm just thinking of their interest. They can do as they please. If, however, they bought a DTS title hoping to flip it to surround nuts, and meanwhile word gets around to said surround nuts that these titles aren't worth it, they will end up eating these.

Geez, Tiger. I'm just thinking of their interest. They can do as they please. If, however, they bought a DTS title hoping to flip it to surround nuts, and meanwhile word gets around to said surround nuts that these titles aren't worth it, they will end up eating these.

Whoa Baggs...I'm not in attack mode...this is the internet and since you can't see my facial expressions the words don't convey my intentions....I'm just echoing the sentiments expressed by atrocity....it's just something that a "fringe" group like us would recognize(the DTS mode)..not some shop owner whose intentions are to help his customers by buying their discs ....it's too much to expect from them...that's what I'm saying...in the practical everyday world of commerce what you expect is just a little unrealistic...that's all and I'm saying

Whoa Baggs...I'm not in attack mode...this is the internet and since you can't see my facial expressions the words don't convey my intentions....I'm just echoing the sentiments expressed by atrocity....it's just something that a "fringe" group like us would recognize(the DTS mode)..not some shop owner whose intentions are to help his customers by buying their discs ....it's too much to expect from them...that's what I'm saying...in the practical everyday world of commerce what you expect is just a little unrealistic...that's all and I'm saying
Well, I definitely don't get where you're coming from or your choice of words. It seems very reasonable, to me, to inquire of a vendor as to the authenticity of a product, and, if it seems shady, to give them a head's up. I just don't understand why you need to comment on my "approach."

Well, I definitely don't get where you're coming from or your choice of words. It seems very reasonable, to me, to inquire of a vendor as to the authenticity of a product, and, if it seems shady, to give them a head's up. I just don't understand why you need to comment on my "approach."

I'm commenting on "your approach" because this is a forum and that's what we do...simple as that...I think from what you posted that the merchant isn't some shady operator...and I honestly don't know how a shop owner is supposed to make the distinction with every disc he takes in on a trade or purchase from a customer on which one's are fake and which one's are legit...I struggle with that myself and I know what to look for....and if he ends up "eating" the titles...that's his problem..

I'm commenting on "your approach" because this is a forum and that's what we do...simple as that...I think from what you posted that the merchant isn't some shady operator...and I honestly don't know how a shop owner is supposed to make the distinction with every disc he takes in on a trade or purchase from a customer on which one's are fake and which one's are legit...I struggle with that myself and I know what to look for....and if he ends up "eating" the titles...that's his problem..
Well, I don't think the approach of your comment was feasible or necessary. Fair?
If the vendor eats titles like this and goes out of business, that sure is our problem. Why are we even talking about this?

I believe this is fake. The DTS logo is not correct, besides the fact that I bought similar looking discs from an American seller who had hoards of them. Upon arrival, they were just CDs, not DTS CDs or even surround sound. If they have Chinese writing, and/or the logos are not correct, then more than likely they are fake. Save your money.

Back