Fiona Joy Hawkins BLUE DREAM Set for SA-CD Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiburb

Fiona Joy Hawkins is a New Age composer and pianist whose music crosses genres from classical to world fusion. She has won the 2008 MusicOz winner for Best Jazz or Classical Artist, Best Piano NAR Lifestyle Music Awards 2006 and Best Dance Dub/Club 2008, and has been a finalist in over 32 Indie Artist Awards across 9 countries. Her latest album, BLUE DREAM, received the highest ever ranking in the history of the New Age Reporter International Radio Charts, debuting at #1. Her musical influences include George Winston, Michael Nyman, Chopin and Mendelssohn, but she also admits to being a "bit of a folkie" in her free time.

In addition to Hawkins and Ackerman, the musical talent on BLUE DREAM includes Luka Bloom, Lilith, T-Bone Wolk (Hall & Oates), Eugene Friesen (Paul Winter Consort), Jeff Haynes (Pat Metheny), Marc Shulman (Jewel and Suzanne Vega), Heather Rankin (The Rankin Family), Philip Aaberg, Jeff Oster, Jill Haley, Samite Mulondo, Sapphron Obois and other top players.

The album was produced in surround sound, and is available in traditional CD format as well as SA-CD. According to Hawkins, the team didn't try to re-create an accurate live sound stage effect, but rather a Soundscape Experience that creates more of a dream effect. The album was engineered and mixed by Corin Nelson and mastered by the legendary Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/08/prweb2789184.htm

Thanks for sharing our news, it's a beautiful album!

We now have the SA-CD buy link: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/FionaJoyHawkins1

Feel free to contact me if you are an experienced music reviewer and would like a review copy; please specify CD or SA-CD format preferred.

Thanks!

Beth Hilton
The B Company

Got this today from CD Baby. First listen provides lush soundscapes that remind me of some of the best Windham Hill stuff. Will report back next week sometime about the mix when I have more time.

Back