DVD/DTS Poll Fleetwood Mac - FLEETWOOD MAC [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Dolby DVD of FLEETWOOD MAC

• Total voters
The mix makes really good use of the rears, really love the backing harmonies on Rhiannon... Most tracks are quite active.

With the onslaught of fall releases it's probably easy to forget this one coming out way back in January- I've played it a lot at home and in my car since, and it's an easy contender for my top 5 releases of this year. The mix has some surprisingly aggressive moments- I didn't expect to hear the lead guitar in "Blue Letter" totally isolated in left rear, which is awesome and really works! "Landslide" is also really amazing with the midway guitar solo in the rears and the harmonies all around you, and "Crystal" has become a new favorite track of mine thanks to the surround mix.

That being said, I still do think "Rhiannon" is one of the weaker mixes and would've been a lot more effective with the harmonies in the rears. I did enjoy "I'm So Afraid" at first, but now I find it to be kind of a mixed bag in surround- the more prominent Steve Nicks backing vocals are really cool, but the heavy reverb/delay effect on the drums is a bit overdone. So I stick by my "9" rating.

I’ll give this. “9”. The fidelity could be better.

As with most of the other FM surround releases, there are a lot of thing here not found on the stereo. In a couple of cases, I think these might be completely different takes. “Say You Love Me” might be? All the never-before heard vocals on Crystal, Landslide, I’m So Afraid are nice. The new sounds on Sugar Daddy are fun.

I need to A/B this with the stereo and make a list of all the differences I think. There are so many!

One of my Xmas Pressies

Better get my little gripe out of the way first.
Steve Nicks, sorry folks that voice don't do it for me.
Never has.
I can see why Lindsey hooked up with her but...

Okay, the surround treatment is first class.
The songs are excellent
I've never heard Christine Perfects voice so clear.

And the main reason why Fleetwood Mac continued as a band:
Lindsey Buckingham..imo

I've seen this group twice and each time, Lindsey just holds the band together.
His guitar playing is excellent.
He is one clever dude.
So clever they don't need him..crazy times.

A smashing album, its a 9.

I'm going with a 10. The album is so strong and the 5.1 mix leaves me with nothing to be desired. The fact that it is a DD lossy encode takes it down .5 points which still results on a 10, as a 9.5 is better than a 9.

Love how they bring out the guitars with separation, and they are so skillfully arranged and recorded, they never sound oddly separated as all the parts come together in the room sounding like the real band they are.

I got new speakers not that long ago and so I am revisiting some things, old things not listened to in a while. Good speakers and system helps this mix come alive rather then bringing out any weakness in the medium.

Last edited:
Back