DVD/DTS Poll Fleetwood Mac - FLEETWOOD MAC [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Dolby DVD of FLEETWOOD MAC

• Total voters
I don't usually have a problem with 20-bit, DTS, DD, etc. It is, however, frustrating when it seems those encodings were used for no good reason.
I would rather have lossless, just because I'm hearing all the data available, without any being arbitrarily stripped away.
Also, I have A/B'ed lossless to lossy for a couple of titles (Bowie's Reality and Caravan's Land of Grey and Pink) and each time the lossless disc/file sounded better. If my only option is DD or DTS, so be it. It's all about enjoyment and I can enjoy them. My preference is lossless, but I try not to let that spoil my fun.

This "hi rez is better" discussion has been beat to death on here...so I won't rehash all of it...just a few things to point out....when you say it "seems" like there was no good reason...I guarantee you there was "a reason"...whether you think it was "good" is another matter...and despite the popular belief on forums that we could all do a better job of running these record companies...that seems unlikely because we don't have access to the information necessary to even make a fair assessment of the current business practices....not to mention the extreme bias we have for our hobby...and the part of your post about comparisons...I have CDs that outperform SACDs...blu ray audio and DVD-A titles...it ALWAYS depends on the individual title...there are lots of moving parts and it goes beyond just lossless vs lossy and what's available to hear and what you actually hear...

That's all I have on that topic Baggs...honest...no more to say on that topic...I'm tapped out...drained:whistle:...hope things are going well for you...be safe my man(y)

Last edited:
Hopefully my Amazon.au experience improves with this one
60356F2C-5B7B-4C15-B48D-E8D2D7950C38.jpeg

Assuming the CDs/DVDS
I'm tempted to ask, assuming the CDs/DVD come in their own cardboard sleeves, whether an Australian friend will buy an extra set, then ship the CDs/DVD (or even just the DVD) via the most affordable method to the US.
If sent at cost, I imagine that would be somewhere in the $25-30 USD range.
You could chuck the rest, put it up on eBay, etc.
If anyone is interested, please PM.

I revisited this 5.1 mix this morning, and I’ve got to say that after stepping back for a while and coming back with a fresh perspective, I think it’s fantastic. The mix is perfect, in my opinion, for this music. Very discrete and very immersive, making it easier for the listener to focus in on parts that are somewhat buried in the stereo mix.

As an aside, I always use the cover of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band to describe a good surround mix: Sure, you can see all the people on the cover, but if they were spread around you in a circle you could see every one of them much more clearly. That is exactly what this 5.1 mix of Fleetwood Mac does.

As an aside, I always use the cover of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band to describe a good surround mix: Sure, you can see all the people on the cover, but if they were spread around you in a circle you could see every one of them much more clearly. That is exactly what this 5.1 mix of Fleetwood Mac does.

I love that description... I'm gonna use it, if you don't mind :)

I revisited this 5.1 mix this morning, and I’ve got to say that after stepping back for a while and coming back with a fresh perspective, I think it’s fantastic. The mix is perfect, in my opinion, for this music. Very discrete and very immersive, making it easier for the listener to focus in on parts that are somewhat buried in the stereo mix.

Thanks for that, I've hesitated over this one for while due to a few indifferent reviews, elsewhere.

Yep totally agree, this is a great album/mix/listen! It sounds really good to me, I wouldn’t even know it was lossy if I didn’t know already!

The mix makes really good use of the rears, really love the backing harmonies on Rhiannon... Most tracks are quite active.

Love this album, and actually getting vinyl is quite a cool bonus considering the price of some of the other box sets...

Solid 9.

Back