Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that is what Herr Flick went on to after Allo, Allo :ugham: - those of you not in the UK probably won't get that one!

Its tucked away in the back of the liner notes..

5.1 Mix by Ken Caillat and Marc Daniel Nelson at Sleeping Giant Studios, West Los Angeles, CA
5.1 and High Resolution Stereo Mastering & Authoring by Craig Anderson at Craigman Digital

Got my copy today:

Mirage_zpsrem11ahv.jpg

Love this album, and it's really great to listen to it in surround. Me very happy :)

I am having the same issue. Customer service is sympathetic but otherwise useless

Finally got my shipping notice from Amazon UK today along with a £5 credit for the delay! Customer service could offer no explanation as to why the delay but I am appreciative of the conciliatory gesture.

Second, does anyone think the tempo of the DTS 5.1 "Hold Me" is a few bpm slower than the stereo mix?
Even the 96/24 stereo on the same DVD is the correct (faster) tempo. I'm pretty disappointed, because the slowdown really seems to sap some energy out of the song.

I don't know if I hear a slowdown but with the bass line brought up in the mix and the more discernible rounds of vocal harmony during the chorus, the song seems denser and less poppy than the stereo mix. Whatever the case, this song does seem to be the most adventurous of the bunch. Especially at 2:47 where the backing vocal "Oh A Wha Ohhh oh oh oh" really stands out in the rears. On the stereo mix it is buried.

Overall, another consistent effort by Ken C. It sounds great! If I can get rid of the rest of the box and drop my spend down to around $30.00, I would be very happy.
Love to see a 5.1 mix of Fleetwood Mac '75 & Tango see daylight.

Poll? :mad:@:

Snood is about to rip off his pants..........ok well his shorts!!! :rolleyes:

Who is Snood kidding.......Snood is nooooooood!!!! :yikes

Finally arrived! It went straight to the front of the line and I've just given it a first spin. A real joy. There were a handful of places where I thought the balance wasn't quite right, but nothing too annoying. Lindsey's vocal tribute to Pachelbel's Cannon in "Eyes of the World" is awesome in surround. There's lots to love here. It's a very fine mix. For some reason, of the five albums made by this lineup, I never listened to this one as much as the others. I had forgotten what a stunningly beautiful song "Wish You Were Here" is. It should have been a single. The booklet is a little skimpy compared to the one in the Tusk box. I really enjoyed the track-by-track analysis in the Tusk booklet. I wish they would have done the same thing here. I was disappointed when I found out that David Wild would be writing the liner notes as I've found his writing to be pretty self absorbed. Fortunately his essay here avoids his usual narcissism. I need to give it a few more listens, but the first listen was a treat. If you're a fan and you can stomach the price tag, there's no reason not to buy. I'm just starting the outtakes disc now which I'm enjoying.....

Whooooa! I just went out to water and found this set on my doorstep! Postman didn't even ring! Amazon said arrival was OCT 25. :banana: About to open it up...

Whooooa! I just went out to water and found this set on my doorstep! Postman didn't even ring! Amazon said arrival was OCT 25. :banana: About to open it up...

love this set to pieces! Vinyl sounds amazing, the surround mix was so good I made a quad reel from it, just a sparkling set worth the price.

Listening now to this 5.1 DTS 96/24 disc. Really good surround mix, lots of little fun nuances. Not bright, a little muffled, not the right word but all I could think of, like Ringo's drum sound if you know what I mean ? Listening at 60db's and higher seems not right. All my amplifiers are putting out equally so a very balanced disc. This my first listen and seems like every track has a different sonic component, sound, volume. I would expect this more on a greatest hits. Is it a reference disc, definitely not. Purchased via Amazon UK and I got a good price. Looking forward to playing the 3 RBCD discs in the car.

I'm listening to the Mirage 5.1 DTS mix for the first time and I'm also noticing volume and SQ differences between tracks. When the track Empire State starting playing I had to turn the volume down a bit. All in all a nice 5.1 mix but definitely not a reference disc IMO.

I'm listening to the Mirage 5.1 DTS mix for the first time and I'm also noticing volume and SQ differences between tracks. When the track Empire State starting playing I had to turn the volume down a bit. All in all a nice 5.1 mix but definitely not a reference disc IMO.

Maybe they had to forgo the mastering stage with this one... I don't know, I still don't have it!

Maybe they had to forgo the mastering stage with this one... I don't know, I still don't have it!

Yup, same here...either poor mastering or no mastering at all (which would not surprise me at all because, nowadays, even established bands forego the crucial TEST PRESSING!)

Back