Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I must be in the minority. I love the way this 5.1 sounds. Didn't even notice the different levels. I guess when you listen as loud as I do, it all sounds great! On my bad-ass Klipsch's anyway. Hee! :banana:

I went in the apartment office today, and sure enough, the package was there!
Just finishing up my first listen to this disc, and if I could use two words to describe this disc, it would be uneven and inconsistent.
That applies to the music, surround mix, and fidelity, not to mention that the volume levels also appear to be uneven too!

Some songs are great. Some aren't.
Some of the surround mixes are very discrete and well thought out. Others seem like they were done in haste and are all over the place.
Sometimes the fidelity shines forth. Other times it sounds like there are sacks over some of the speakers.

I will listen again before I vote, but the highest number this disc will get will be an '8'.
To be continued…

(PS This disc really pales in comparison to "Tales from Topographic Oceans" IMHO…)

I did a Fleetwood Mac trifecta listening session last night going from Mirage to Tusk to Rumours.

They all sound great, but Rumours does have that "warmth" that the two DTS surround mixes seem to lack.

I did a Fleetwood Mac trifecta listening session last night going from Mirage to Tusk to Rumours.

They all sound great, but Rumours does have that "warmth" that the two DTS surround mixes seem to lack.

I did my own dts conversion for a second system of Rumours and it still was better. I wouldn't be so quick to only blame dts compression. Plenty of other factors come into play...

I wasn't going to get this Mirage super deluxe set because of the price. Then I found it at ImportCD's for $53 and bit. I still wish it was an $18.95 standalone SACD or DVD-A, but those days are long, long gone. Here's the link if anyone is still interested in this set and succumbs (like I did) to the momentum generated by the recent release of the Fleetwood Mac super deluxe box:

https://www.importcds.com/mirage/081227946357

Back