Florida hurricane

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost hundred of vinyl albums, about a hundred cassettes, and some laserdiscs in the post hurricane Gordon rains a month ago. Runoff from saturated ground took a turn into the homestead, and into the basement where some of the old collection was stored. Two Peaches crates of albums destroyed (for those of you old enough to remember what those are--I know you're out there). I was out of the country...by the time I returned, too much mold to salvage.

I lost hundred of vinyl albums, about a hundred cassettes, and some laserdiscs in the post hurricane Gordon rains a month ago. Runoff from saturated ground took a turn into the homestead, and into the basement where some of the old collection was stored. Two Peaches crates of albums destroyed (for those of you old enough to remember what those are--I know you're out there). I was out of the country...by the time I returned, too much mold to salvage.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh Sorry to hear that Dr.O :(

Sorry for the loss...but you did put a smile on my face with the mention of the "crates"....back in the day I used them to "display" my LPs and they also made great speaker stands....once you stained them...I went to this one grocery store all the time and got them for free...there were also some nice wine crates as well....ah...those were the days my friend:p

Really sorry to hear that.:(

This is just another example of what makes this forum so special.....here is a man in the UK worried about something happening in the US because it could affect some members on here(y)that concern for one another...trust me when I tell you that you don't see that very often on these forums...usually some member would be complaining about the thread being off topic...instead we have genuine concern from the people here...and of course our fearless leader Jon even posted....in a time when most search for the worst in people...we have a group that exhibits the kind of qualities we all hope for in our friends and family....we are certainly blessed to have quality people surrounding us on here:D

This is exactly why I joined, lurked for a while as I looked at other forums. None offered the friendship, banter and genuine warmth that I could see here. Long may it continue...even if you guys have cost me a Kings Ransom!! :eek::SG

Very sorry to see the devastation and loss of life that this world is testing us with.

Back