Foobar vs JRiver?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Mac says that the OS is not upgradeable so it looks like Foobar is not an option, it's a Late 2009 model running Yosemite. I don't understand why you can't install a newer OS.

When my son was in art school he got a brand new late model G5 outfit. One of the most elegant pieces of industrial design I ever saw.
I had a dual processor G4 that had fallen nto my lap. I thought (since I had paid a small fortune for the art school buncle) it will be a good day for the G4.
Not so fast little man. Nothing , including the operating system that came with the G5 would load onto the G4. Zip Zero , including the OS.
I got rid of the G4 very shortly thereafter to someone who wanted it. I was never an apple products person before nor since.
When numbah one son was finished with the G5 at school I escaped with my skin selling it to a commercial artist. It had been early release and although spensive there was a good art school discount.

Last edited:
my Mac says that the OS is not upgradeable so it looks like Foobar is not an option, it's a Late 2009 model running Yosemite. I don't understand why you can't install a newer OS.
I'm also a Mac guy. The hardware won't support newer versions of OS. I have a 2011 iMac and the highest OS I can run is High Sierra (10.13.6)

I'm also a Mac guy. The hardware won't support newer versions of OS. I have a 2011 iMac and the highest OS I can run is High Sierra (10.13.6)
I like my iMac, but I'll just use it for normal browsing and Youtube duty. I've got a 1year old (cheap WalMart HP) Windows 10 Desktop that I only use for my Ham Radio transceiver, so running a music program on it too will be easy.

Hi

I used a Mac Mini M1 with big surf OS. Which is The best option (Flac player) to play my 5.1 Flac files from my Mac through my marantz receiver (hdmi input)?

đź‘‹

Back