For Richard Thompson fans

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werno

Just saw this on FB, RT's 'merch' page has some great official boots, some on sale for $10, but also still offers 'The Old Kit Bag' in 96/24 5.1 dvd-audio (on dual-disc) for $20 and has a copy of the 'Rumour & Sigh' DVDa for $99.

The latter is immersive, the former is more an 'extend a couple feet into the room' ambient mix, both have some great performances and some bonus video content.

http://bit.ly/2qqZiyf

Just saw this on FB, RT's 'merch' page has some great official boots, some on sale for $10, but also still offers 'The Old Kit Bag' in 96/24 5.1 dvd-audio (on dual-disc) for $20 and has a copy of the 'Rumour & Sigh' DVDa for $99.

The latter is immersive, the former is more an 'extend a couple feet into the room' ambient mix, both have some great performances and some bonus video content.

http://bit.ly/2qqZiyf
Thanks for this info.
I ordered The old Kit bag right away.

Thanks for this info.
I ordered The old Kit bag right away.

If you don't have the official 'bootlegs' I would highly recommend the 2-CD 'Two Letter Words' with Danny Thompson on standup bass, Dave Mattacks on drums, the late great Pete Zorn on guitar, mandolin, saxes, penny whistle and probably more. Each of the 2 CDs is a set, building from solo acoustic to guitar/bass to full band. Despite the 'boot' name all the live CDs are beautifully recorded to multitrack.

My other fave is 'Semi-detached Mock Tudor' which swaps in drummer Michael Jerome and add Richard and Linda T's son Teddy on vocals and guitar. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss ten or more bucks goodbye. Not available in any store.

Not to keep bumping my own thread, but wanted to point out that there are rave reviews on Amazon of the two albums I mention above so none need take my word alone for their quality. Do not, however, pay what sources on Amazon are asking for these ($50-$100) when you can give the (significantly less) money to RT himself at the link above.

Here is incredible live, I've seen him at Festivals hold a whole audience of 000's in awe and its just him and a guitar, an amazing talent.
Edit: I have Rumour & Sigh and Old Kit Bag, I must give them a listen, haven't in ages.

If you don't have the official 'bootlegs' I would highly recommend the 2-CD 'Two Letter Words' with Danny Thompson on standup bass, Dave Mattacks on drums, the late great Pete Zorn on guitar, mandolin, saxes, penny whistle and probably more. Each of the 2 CDs is a set, building from solo acoustic to guitar/bass to full band. Despite the 'boot' name all the live CDs are beautifully recorded to multitrack.

My other fave is 'Semi-detached Mock Tudor' which swaps in drummer Michael Jerome and add Richard and Linda T's son Teddy on vocals and guitar. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss ten or more bucks goodbye. Not available in any store.

The original Mock Tudor is one of my favorite RT albums. Great songs, and I love the stripped-down production from Tom Rothrock, which I think would adapt well to a surround mix.

I have the Fairport Convention Close To The Wind Silverline 5.1 DVD-Audio, another one I need to listen to again, I can't remember what it was like, and I can't find it at the moment either!

The original Mock Tudor is one of my favorite RT albums. Great songs, and I love the stripped-down production from Tom Rothrock, which I think would adapt well to a surround mix.

If you like Mock Tudor then you should like Semi detached Mock Tudor its like the studio album but with Balls

Back