Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-ha *may* happen. When doing an interview shortly after the streaming Steven Wilson remix of Take On Me came out, he did a whole "I can't say I mixed all of Hunting High and Low in Atmos, but maybe I did" thing

And a new Atmos version of The War Of The Worlds is out on streaming as well
A-Ha would be pure nostalgia for me, but a welcome trip down memory lane. I listened to HHL and SD recently, and the songs aren't really in my wheelhouse anymore (Sun Always Shines, Train of Thought and Manhattan Skyline were the only songs I thought appealed as 'rockers'). But man SW doing a surround mix just might tempt me into a purchase.

Pink Floyd's archives need to be carefully sifted through for all remnants of live material with the aim to restore/produce as much of their live quad mixed performances as possible.

There are at least a couple multitracks. They probably still have the quad fx reels prepared for the tours. Audience recordings can be referenced. Maybe even used to reinforce as needed.

I know 99.9% of their aggressive live quad mixes were never preserved but there are still at least a couple possibilities. Let me at the recordings! I'll make my own dreams come true!

Would love that dam Rod Stewart, Atlantic Crossing, any solo quad mix, any FACES w/Rod in surround. Blows Against The Empire - Jefferson Starship. Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers and Worst of Quad mixes. Steely Dan Quad mixes. Anything by Traffic. Stones - Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Some Girls, would love Exile but I bet they don't know where half the multitracks are...LOL. The amazing surround mix they did for Goats Head Soup, under appreciated album opened up another demission. Bette Midler - Devine. C, S, N & Y Deja Vu, open up those harmonies and instruments. Anything by Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Depeche Mode. Eagles - On The Border, Desperado. Any Brain Ferry solo, by the way Avalon by Roxy one of the best SACD Surround disc I have, engulfs you. Frankie Goes To Hollywood 1st double album, James Talor - Greatest Hits, Bowie - Aladdin Sane, Young Americans, Station To Station. Floyd - The Wall. Months ago I picked up a find, Blood Sweat & Tears 1st album that was remixed to 5.1 SACD by Al Cooper, amazing. And this album is a big fav of mind, out of print, would love to hear a surround of this.

Attachments

• Thomas Vaghan.jpg
    Thomas Vaghan.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm gonna go with opposites.
I'd love to see the entire PATTO catalog remixed for surround.
Oh and just a few classic albums by COIL pretty please!
Oh and the FACES as well
While we're at it first two BOSTON albums too!

Or howaboutz the entire Johnny/Edgar Winter/Derringer catalog that just needs to be re-released
Still waiting on the two AEROSMITH old quads as well
Could do with a surround remix of NIGHT IN THE RUTS and DRAW THE LINE to boot.
Would be nice to get the other old BLUE OYSTER CULT quad someday..TYRANNY and MUTATION

oh and just maybe the first 5 or 6 ZZ TOP albums PUHLEEZE!
The first two Ozzy solo albums with RR would be monumental!

Out of the ordinary for one of these:
Kundun: Soundtrack composed by Philip Glass
Neck and Neck: Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler
Princess Bride Soundtrack "Mark Knopfler"

Back