Forgotten SHOCKER Web Page

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Just for a goof I entered "QuadraphonicQuad" into Google Images search, just to see what was there. There was one QQ image that I didn't recognize, and wondered what the heck it was, so I clicked on it and sure enough, it was an old web page I did back in 2007 listing all of the eBay shockers from 2004-2007!

For those who were not here back then, I used to keep a running thread on what was selling for over $100 on eBay. From 2000-2008 or so, eBay was a very cool place to get some great stuff, before it got to be an industry. When it was just "folks" selling stuff, I found it to be a much nicer place. Most people did not try and take advantage of each other.

Anyway, here's the page. It's still interesting today.

PS - What or who is "Bootleg World"? They seem to have a lot of images showing in this search, and they have NOTHING to do with QQ.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/shocker.htm

Cool list, thanks! I did not see "Bootleg World" but I checked the "BootlegZone" forum that included some quad discussion. They had an image that was lifted from QQ, which is why it appeared in the search.

Just for a goof I entered "QuadraphonicQuad" into Google Images search, just to see what was there. There was one QQ image that I didn't recognize, and wondered what the heck it was, so I clicked on it and sure enough, it was an old web page I did back in 2007 listing all of the eBay shockers from 2004-2007!

For those who were not here back then, I used to keep a running thread on what was selling for over $100 on eBay. From 2000-2008 or so, eBay was a very cool place to get some great stuff, before it got to be an industry. When it was just "folks" selling stuff, I found it to be a much nicer place. Most people did not try and take advantage of each other.

Anyway, here's the page. It's still interesting today.

PS - What or who is "Bootleg World"? They seem to have a lot of images showing in this search, and they have NOTHING to do with QQ.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/shocker.htm
For a laugh I just totalled up the most expensive offerings for the Chicago albums on it, and it came to US$1270.45 back then, and now we have so much more and in pristine surround sound on Blu-Ray for way less!

For a laugh I just totalled up the most expensive offerings for the Chicago albums on it, and it came to US$1270.45 back then, and now we have so much more and in pristine surround sound on Blu-Ray for way less!

Yeah, the Chicago Q8's were totally outrageous for a while. Even the SQ LPs are still sort of hard to find. That box was nothing short of a godsend. I've said it before and I'll say it again: best surround release EVER.

It's funny, even though the box is out the Q8's are still selling: I saw a copy of VII go for like $60 a few weeks back. There was a copy of II listed for around $100, not sure if it's still there. Crazy stuff.

I remember when a very clean copy of Creedence Gold went insane for $1500 and then the week after, something like 10 copies were all over eBay. Not a single one of those went for over $100.:LOL:

Did anybody think to save any pictures from that World's Worst Bootlegger from around 2005-2006? You know, the fellow who was literally glueing half-ass PC-printed Q8 symbols on regular Stereo 8 cartridges, cutting or using a soldering iron to hatchet-job a notch in the upper corner? I really hope nobody was duped by that guy. They lasted for a month or so and that was the end of it.

Back