Fosgate Research Model 201

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
So this was interesting, while just looking around Ebay at the current offering of quadraphonic equipment, I saw this auction:

Fosgate literature

What caught my eye was the promotional sheet behind the Model 101A manual. Has anyone ever heard of the Model 201 for automobiles? Based on the time frame mentioned in the visible text,
I'm guessing that the product never saw the light of day, or got released later as the Fosgate Gavotte? Can anyone shed any light?

Sweet find, never heard about it after all these years.
I don't think it was ever produced. A fellow named Kennedy, i believe, showed up here for a while. Must have been 8 years ago or more. He worked at Audionics and would know the score. I don't remember him chatting about it.
time to use the new super search and dig up his posts.
Sure wish the technology was available in 1974 instead of 1983.

But the add - $13 for 20 pages of copies is a rip.

I once corresponded with Jim Fosgate and asked if he had any 201s and his answer was:
"I do not have any model 201's left".
Here is the entire model 201 add sheet.

Attachments

• Fosgate_201_sheet.JPG
    Fosgate_201_sheet.JPG
    363.7 KB · Views: 182
Ooo, nice snag! I was recently looking around for anything I could find regarding the rack-mount Tetrasound (I believe a Model 101, precursor to the "Fosgate/Tate II" Model 101A ("A" for the Tate II chipset?), and came across the Fosgate Tetra-1. It may well have been the forerunner of the Model 201.

i have been in the car audio game for many years and never heard of this either, not sure this ever really saw production aside from possibly some beta units, but an interesting find for sure.

Back