• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Oppo BDP 103 blu ray player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey good for you! I just bought one recently off Ebay. I paid more than you but I'm happy with mine just the same.
Seems weird somehow these machines rip SACD's but won't play SACD-R's.

Really? I can’t check this right now but I know that my BDP 93 does play SACD-R discs.

So is the SACD rip only to SACD-R or can I get FLAC files to transcode to DVD-A? Apologies I’m traveling and impatient to read the articles right now. ;)

Tim - if I'm understanding your question, you'll use the 103 to rip SACDs to ISO, then you can do whatever you like, obviously. I think most of us use Foobar to go from SACD ISO to flac, and then the world is your oyster. But no, SACD-R is not an option in this process.

Tim - if I'm understanding your question, you'll use the 103 to rip SACDs to ISO, then you can do whatever you like, obviously. I think most of us use Foobar to go from SACD ISO to flac, and then the world is your oyster. But no, SACD-R is not an option in this process.

Thank you Paul good answer! I was just double checking my options. Cheers

Back