Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: Hope there's more to come. There I go again, being a Debbie Downer.

understandably so, they've been awfully quiet since the January Country batch and then just one new disc for the "April 2019 Release"! we are in uncharted waters now, previous release batch patterns don't apply! could it be the calm before the storm? maybe there's a surround tsunami on it's way.. i hope so! i've got my waterproofs handy just in case there's a deluge of discs! 🌪🌊☔🧜‍♂️

I’m in the same boat and wanted to grab the next installment of rock / pop releases before I finalized my order. I still do not have the Poco SACD, so I guess there are enough things now, I can move forward. I was just certain that a Nilsson or Waylon title was gong to appear and really get me in the spending mood. It could still happen this month, or is this all there is for now?

There are some Dutton Epoch Classical Surround SACDs for May to consider
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...al-originals-on-surround-sacd-may-2019.26488/

Man, I guess I was spoiled by Dutton-Vocalion until january 2019. I hope they hurry up and release soon more titles that I want.

Regards,
I feel that they rolled out the red carpet to us rock & pop fans with Return to Forever and the Santana / Coltrane quad SACDs. The follow up releases proved it was not just my imagination.

So at least there is reason to keep up the faith right.

Yes, an interesting update on what is coming from Dutton Vocalion:

Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format. Full details will be sent nearer the time; meanwhile, keep an eye on the Vocalion website for updates.

You can also keep up to date with all things Vocalion and Dutton Epoch by visiting our Facebook page. And don’t forget to visit the Low Stocks/Deletions section of our website, home to the final reserves of several back-catalogue titles. This may be your last chance to obtain these rarities.

Hmmm - I'm signed up for email updates...but I never got anything. :(

Might be time to submit another email updates request.

Also, I'd suggest signing up for email updates from the music stores, download sites and record companies/reissue labels that you are interested in.
It's always the fastest and best way to find out about sales and new releases so you don't miss out!

In a email I just got announcing the new classical releases:

"Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format."

I received two also.
SACDs yes, but hopefully they are "Quad" SACDs.
No worries here, just high beam anticipation;)

In a email I just got announcing the new classical releases:

"Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format."

Just the fact they mention this in an e-mail, has got me over the moon with possibilities - talk about a tease 🥳...

I was literally putting together an order for the latest Tomita, and was going to tack on four country surround discs I haven't purchased yet, when I checked my email and saw the message from D-V.
It looks like I press pause on my next order, anticipating what might be coming out in multi-channel SACD.

I’ve been waiting to place a super size order as well, thinking some cool rock or R&B is just around to bend if I hold out. So I’ll hold out just a bit longer until it shakes or I break.

Just ordered the Weather Report Tale Spinnin’, Tomita Firebird, and the Boulez Bartok SACDs from D-V. Thought I might pick up either the Derringer or Guess Who, but I went anti-rock with this purchase.
I wish you’d have grabbed a rock title or two - show them it sells well, so they know what some of us are waiting for. But oh well, that’s life ....until it’s all over.

Last edited:
I am checking daily too! I wonder if Mr. Dutton is watching the stats counter to see all of us looking in on him. Kinda reminds me of going to McDonalds to watch the numbers change.

Even if it’s just one rock title and one country title, oh and one R&B title being announced very soon.

I can handle that and be happy for four months on just three quad discs. I mean provided they are three of the right titles. With Sony / BMG being the world’s quadraphonic oyster - hopes and expectations run high for me anyway.

Last edited:
Back