Game Of Thrones - In Surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hey peeps!

Ok this might not be the most music related of topics... But after just watching the latest episode of GOT (series 8, episode 3) I'm just completely gobsmacked about how good this medium is on delivering amazing entertainment!

Ok, a lot of it is down to really enjoying the story behind it, but I have to say after hearing dragons breathing all sorts from my rear speakers, there is no doubt about how good this medium is! My goodness me - I don't think I've ever just seen anything like it! 😱 I think that episode tops Red Wedding and Battle of the Bastards?!

I can only recommend everyone to check it out using their surround system... I'm sure you'll be off the edge of your seat like me! 🐲:phones🐲😱

Last night's episode was epic! And yes, I've always loved the way they use surround for effects, especially when dragons fly overhead! One scene in last night's episode that took place in the Winterfell crypt had some really eerie use of the surround speakers. I've never loved a TV show as much I love GoT. It's a truly mind blowing series.

I'm sure in the not too distant future, HBO will release the entire series in 4K with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack for all to savor. I watched the first two seasons in their entirety .... enjoyed every minute and then skipped the next 5 and now have episodes 1~3 of this final season DTRed.

And for ALL those who complain there is nothing new in surround ....... Just turn on your TVs.......there's PLENTY.

I'm sure in the not too distant future, HBO will release the entire series in 4K with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack for all to savor.

I do hope so Signore Raphael... :phones I thought I was a bit silly for not catching up before this last ever series 😢 but then I thought it'd be great to watch the whole thing again on a box set? If Miles Davis can get Dolby atmos then GoT must be a contender?!

Last night's episode was epic! And yes, I've always loved the way they use surround for effects, especially when dragons fly overhead! One scene in last night's episode that took place in the Winterfell crypt had some really eerie use of the surround speakers. I've never loved a TV show as much I love GoT. It's a truly mind blowing series.
Tonight's episode in England, I've only just watched it! Epic, I feel beaten up. Needed 3 whiskies to calm myself. And yes the surround soundtrack is amazing.

I've seen no better picture quality on my TV either than Game of Thrones, and it's not even 4k. Love it!

I do hope so Signore Raphael... :phones I thought I was a bit silly for not catching up before this last ever series 😢 but then I thought it'd be great to watch the whole thing again on a box set? If Miles Davis can get Dolby atmos then GoT must be a contender?!

WOW, Master Smithers, Kind of Blue AND Sketches of Spain in Dolby Atmos .......... from THREE CHANNEL MASTERS .........that sleeping Dragon [Miles] will finally have room to breathe!

See the source image

REAL 3D for Master Smithers courtesy of Signore Raphael........get out those plastic 3D glasses!

Last edited:
Terribly pissed off here and now even more after reading your comments. HBO Spain could not cope with the bandwidth requirements today: sound only in stereo and crappy image quality. All the darker scenes (most of the episode) were heavily pixelated and full of compression artifacts. The last episode was terrific in terms of tension build up until the end, but I'm still wondering what I could not see because of the shameful image quality. Shame on HBO today, hopefully it will look better once the audience peak is gone.

Tonight's episode in England, I've only just watched it! Epic, I feel beaten up. Needed 3 whiskies to calm myself. And yes the surround soundtrack is amazing.

More like 3 twinkies and a bag of Zapps Voodoo chips for me:) Sound and picture were epic, like the show!

Back