HiRez Poll Garfunkel, Art - BREAKAWAY [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Art Garfunkel - BREAKAWAY

• Total voters
Well. I have recieved it and listened twice completely through.

It's is excellent. Garfunkel's voice is amazing and there isn't an over compressed or distortion from a poor mixer or mastering engineer anywhere.

I had a client in for lessons on mixing and mastering on Thursday and in my introduction and history of recording I always pick out samples to play with reference to "knowing what to do with the tools, not the cost of the tools, is the most important thing." I played Time Out from Dave Brubeck's 1959 recording, then used a cut from this Garkfunkel 1977 recording, followed by a random selection of poor recent recordings.

His head just about did the 360 rotation on Brubeck and Garfunkel and then shook in dissapointment on the poor, recent recordings.

Quality is quality no matter the year.

Stay well people. We have a lot more music to hear.

:)

Going back as I did not rate this one before - I would give it a 9 based on the superior surround sound and fidelity, and great vocals. I will hold back my 10 rating for when they release Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Going back as I did not rate this one before - I would give it a 9 based on the superior surround sound and fidelity, and great vocals. I will hold back my 10 rating for when they release Bridge Over Troubled Water.
Don't hold your breath. Paul Simon controls the master for that one, and he won't allow it. It would be nice, though.

This isn't really the place, but it's worthy of a post for us music lovers. I finally was able to see Art last year at a small venue (2500 seats) locally and I've honestly never been so moved from a concert. All my life, I've been a massive S & G fan, and to finally be able to at least see Art was something I'll never forget. Art behaves like a cranky old man, yet, his voice is (was) so fragile and still carried an intimacy that I cannot deny. Often, I found myself with tears of respect. Unbelievable.

I don't think I'll ever have that feeling at any other show....super powerful moments.

Anyone by chance know who did the quad mix on this? I did a brief scan of the poll/engineers poll and couldn’t find it?

I have to say this album in quad is literally brilliant! 🎆 It’s the waters of perfection!!!

I already voted a 10, but just hadn't listened in a bit... It’s still bloody bollocking brilliant! 😍

Back