Music DVD Poll George Harrison & Friends: Concert For Bangladesh - Deluxe Edition (2 Discs)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "George Harrison & Friends: Concert For Bangladesh - Deluxe Edition"

• 10 - Great Mix, Great Picture, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Poor Content, Poor Packaging/Graphics

• 1 - Complete waste of plastic

• Total voters
Not bad audio wise but the video's kind've grainy[seeing that it was shot in 16mm then blown up to 70mm it's as good as it's going to get].

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/H/Harrison_George/2005/10/22/1273373.html

Article with Olivia.

I heard Olivia on a radio interview and she said in effect that the concentration was on getting the sound right over that of the visual. I believe that she said to that it was filmed in a smaller format to allow more room for the soundtrack.

Regarding your last statement....doesn't make sense. Smaller formats like 16mm and especially Super 16mm have limited space for the magnetic audio tracks. IMO, filming in 35mm would've allowed for up to 6 magnetic tracks.....but the downside is limited mobility due to the bulky size of those Panavision cameras.

Hi friends. What is the 5.1 mix like on this?
As far as I can tell, the rears are just mirroring the fronts with nothing really discrete apart from applause - but dont let that dissuade you. The sound is great and the 5.1 does create a more immersive experience. I remember when I first watched this, my expectations were low but was I impressed! For an almost 50 year old recording its damn good.

Back