GOS' laptop on the fritz...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens when you restart the laptop?

Edit: in the Playing Now thread you posted a picture of your screen and hadrware. You have the laptop open I see. Could the change in fonts have anything to do with the laptop not knowing which screen to choose, your LT or your TV?

Ha...guess I don't know. It never occurred to me that I could shut my laptop. I assumed it would go to sleep and then I'd be in a bigger pickle. I "think" that my Bluetooth goes to sleep if the lid is shut....and the only way to activate it again would be to touch the keypad on the laptop. I "think" that's how it works. :)

Ha...guess I don't know. It never occurred to me that I could shut my laptop. I assumed it would go to sleep and then I'd be in a bigger pickle. I "think" that my Bluetooth goes to sleep if the lid is shut....and the only way to activate it again would be to touch the keypad on the laptop. I "think" that's how it works. :)
Perhaps you are right. Althought at work I have my laptop in a docking station, with a closed lid. When the lid is open, it will display the wrong fonts on the attached screen. Thats why I brought it up.

Also, if I remember correctly, with my former laptop I could plug in my home pc screen and have the lid closed. Anyway, not really helpful actually.

Perhaps you are right. Althought at work I have my laptop in a dicking station, with a closed lid. When the lid is open, it will display the wrong fonts on the attached screen. Thats why I brought it up.

Also, if I remember correctly, with my former laptop I could plug in my home pc screen and have the lid closed. Anyway, not really helpful actually.

I would say, your comments are helpful...because I'm going to try it and see what happens. :)

Just for the record though - laptop and foobar and fonts are all behaving normally today. So, not sure what happened last night...but it spooked me for sure. You know, it's sort of like when you try to fix a leaky faucet yourself.....and when you first turn the faucet on and you hold your breath...that's sort of how I'm feeling. :violin

Another thing I feel obligated to say...why do all the threads that I start...where I'm having laptop issues...feel like they are full of drama? :banana:
I sure feel incompetent with laptops most of the time....pretty embarrassing honestly. :violin

Perhaps you are right. Althought at work I have my laptop in a docking station, with a closed lid. When the lid is open, it will display the wrong fonts on the attached screen. Thats why I brought it up.

So, I went into power option, told it to "do nothing" when I close the lid....then I closed the lid, shut down my TV/AVR...turned back on and all works fine. :):)

I realized I have not updated the drama.....so...I continued to have issues and I was able to send the laptop off to Dell for repair. I gave them very detailed description of my issues....and told them exactly how my laptop was hooked up through my AVR....

Just received an email that they "repaired" it. Why do I have little faith that they could possibly fix the problem? Would they hook it up in the exact same manner that I have it.....and duplicate the issue? I don't think so.

Not to be negative, but I am most certain that I will get it back home...hook it up .....and it will work a few days...and make me think they fixed it...only to hammer me with the same problems when I am the weakest. GOS 2.0 will return......

Laptop arrived a day early. I sent it to Dell in my original packaging from Best Buy. They returned it in a generic box......what the hell. Now I don't have the original packaging. That doesn't thrill me....

Best I can tell, they installed a new board...though they never sent me an email saying what the repair was. Essentially starting all over.....installing programs, updating windows, etc...etc..etc. I think I'm done with the updates. I will wait until I get my new Denon 4400H to hook things up. I mean, it's pointless to hook up to my old receiver as it's not what I'm moving forward with.

So, I will be without music till Friday...when the Denon arrives. :) No worries....I guess I can listen through my OPPO. Or....play my physical discs... :yikes:yikes:yikes

Laptop arrived a day early. I sent it to Dell in my original packaging from Best Buy. They returned it in a generic box......what the hell. Now I don't have the original packaging. That doesn't thrill me....

Best I can tell, they installed a new board...though they never sent me an email saying what the repair was. Essentially starting all over.....installing programs, updating windows, etc...etc..etc. I think I'm done with the updates. I will wait until I get my new Denon 4400H to hook things up. I mean, it's pointless to hook up to my old receiver as it's not what I'm moving forward with.

So, I will be without music till Friday...when the Denon arrives. :) No worries....I guess I can listen through my OPPO. Or....play my physical discs... :yikes:yikes:yikes

Oh, you poor thing!:yikes https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...77CC36C73AEDA61FBEAF77CC36C73AED&&FORM=VDRVRV

Perhaps your original Dell packaging was damaged in transit [it happens] but that's a bummer since the original box usually contains the serial #'s, etc.

Hopefully, you'll have everything up and running by the time you have your new receiver. Dolby ATMOS here I come!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

As it turns out...you are going to have some "different" discs to listen to today(y)

So, I'm tiptoeing towards seeing if my Dell has been fixed. So far, I've not it hooked up through my AVR as I was still installing programs, etc. Just now, I did connect the HDMI - which connects everything to my AVR. Previously, the DELL would flash 2-3 times acting like it was changing resolutions. Now, nothing. No flashing, just connection to my TV when I turn on my AVR.

That's a good sign. I will installing Foobar again, and that will be a telling sign as it was giving me fits before.

Back