Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid $150 for it when it first came, and I'd pay that again. It's a great box set. The 5.1 mix is stellar, as well as the 5.1 mixes of the Lies songs.

$60 is excellent if you don't already have it.

Got mine for $36 shipped from the band's site. With Michelle and Think About You botched in 5.1 I'm glad I didn't pay more!

Paid $150 for it when it first came, and I'd pay that again. It's a great box set. The 5.1 mix is stellar, as well as the 5.1 mixes of the Lies songs.

$60 is excellent if you don't already have it.

Perhaps $60 is excellent, but Baggins ruined my day by paying only $36. Besides, I don't know if I can handle Axl Foley's voice in my old age. ;)

[Edit: Now I've got the Welcome To The Jungle earworm.]

Perhaps $60 is excellent, but Baggins ruined my day by paying only $36. Besides, I don't know if I can handle Axl Foley's voice in my old age. ;)

[Edit: Now I've got the Welcome To The Jungle earworm.]

I likewise purchased a 'back up copy' from the band's website for $36 and it's still sitting in the packing box. Still pissed I paid close to retail for the original set! Wonder when and if they'll finally release Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 in 5.1 or ATMOS?

I likewise purchased a 'back up copy' from the band's website for $36 and it's still sitting in the packing box. Still pissed I paid close to retail for the original set! Wonder when and if they'll finally release Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 in 5.1 or ATMOS?

I had bought 2 @ 40 each n sold my 2nd one for $80 ...thereby getting mine for close to free

Some days u win/score....some days u lose
It hopefully evens out in the end

Ralph, I'll give you a whole $50 for your opened set, but that's if you include all of Axl's Beverly Hills Cop movies...including the fourth one to be released this year or next...in 4K.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

https://ne-np.facebook.com/a.j.hilt...t-insteadsometimes-you-just-/912599582745734/

.... Wonder when and if they'll finally release Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 in 5.1 or ATMOS?
I have been waiting for some official announcement acknowledging that something is going to happen with the 30th Anniversary of UYI 1&2. Personally, the UYI albums are much more important to me than AFD ever was. The suspense is killing me.... ;)

I have been waiting for some official announcement acknowledging that something is going to happen with the 30th Anniversary of UYI 1&2. Personally, the UYI albums are much more important to me than AFD ever was. The suspense is killing me.... ;)
The reverse, for me! I struggle to put together 40 minutes of music I really like from UYI I&II!

The reverse, for me! I struggle to put together 40 minutes of music I really like from UYI I&II!
I think the reason I gravitate more towards UYI is that the music is more varied (tempo, instruments, lyrics, etc.) than AFD. They tried to make a more artistic statement than the total hard rock formula on AFD (some might say pretentious). For sure there are some songs that could have been left out that might have made the album(s) stronger but IMO no more than 6 or so. I think the videos for "November Rain" and "Estranged" (as well as a couple of others) really impressed me, so there's that. Hopefully any deluxe package will include them.

I think the reason I gravitate more towards UYI is that the music is more varied (tempo, instruments, lyrics, etc.) than AFD. They tried to make a more artistic statement than the total hard rock formula on AFD (some might say pretentious). For sure there are some songs that could have been left out that might have made the album(s) stronger but IMO no more than 6 or so. I think the videos for "November Rain" and "Estranged" (as well as a couple of others) really impressed me, so there's that. Hopefully any deluxe package will include them.
Again, we're coming at these records from different sides of the coin. When I listen through AFD I hear great, unique, exciting drum grooves, with plenty of variety. Lots of power, energy and young lust.
The drumming on UYI, by comparison just sounds like boom pop boom pop, stadium rock. Kinda boring and predictable.

I think the reason I gravitate more towards UYI is that the music is more varied (tempo, instruments, lyrics, etc.) than AFD. They tried to make a more artistic statement than the total hard rock formula on AFD (some might say pretentious).
The more elaborate, layered production also offers more potential for an interesting surround mix. On AFD, it often seemed like there simply weren't enough instruments in play to engage the rear speakers - "Welcome To The Jungle" is primarily drum reverb in the back, save for bursts of overdubbed electric guitar and backing vocals during the choruses.

I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday morning and got it last night. Listened to it today. Sounds great and I really think the book that comes with it is pretty cool-- really captures that time with the pictures quite well.

The surround mix I need to give a few more listens. There are some songs that are better than others, but to me it seems like a lazy mix or perhaps inhibited by the source material. It almost seems like the basic tracks were all bounced in stereo and the only thing left for surround were backing vocals and some lead. Even those limitations, though, provides for some really cool moments.

I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday morning and got it last night. Listened to it today. Sounds great and I really think the book that comes with it is pretty cool-- really captures that time with the pictures quite well.

The surround mix I need to give a few more listens. There are some songs that are better than others, but to me it seems like a lazy mix or perhaps inhibited by the source:oops: material. It almost seems like the basic tracks were all bounced in stereo and the only thing left for surround were backing vocals and some lead. Even those limitations, though, provides for some really cool moments.
Huh? You ordered in the morning and got it later the same day? WTF is that all about? :oops:

Huh? You ordered in the morning and got it later the same day? WTF is that all about? :oops:

Amazon does that sometimes if you order early enough in the day, and I guess they had GnR boxsets at the Dallas warehouse.

Use Your Illusion II for me would be wonderful to hear in surround. Estranged is one of my favorite GN'R songs. I really only like a handful of tracks from the first one but the second is all killer no filler. I read that UYI 1 is mainly material written pre-Appetite whereas UYI 2 was mostly new material, which makes sense since I think of the second as being more experimental and varied while I hear lots of the punk influence on the first (Double Talkin' Jive, Garden of Eden, etc.)

Back