Steven Wilson Hand Cannot Erase hidden riddle

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I though we could have some fun trying to solve the hidden riddle in Hand Cannot Erase album. In a recent interview, Steven Wilson revealed that the numbers spoken in Home Invasion and Ancestral are the keys, using the deluxe edition of the record, to know what happens with its female lead character (remember that she dissapears at the end of the record).

Well, let's start with the numbers, that I had never noticed. There's a mistake in the interview, as the first set of numbers is recited at the very beginning of Regret #9. I have been able to tell: 3 25 3 15 6 21 49? 12 15 6 21 (question mark means that I'm not sure of the number).
Then, the second set of numbers appears on Ancestral (around minute 50:07 since the beginning of the record): 14 23 29? 11 12 9 9 3 26 24 12 23 3 3 24 12 23 3? 12?.
This second series is quite hard to tell from the music, at least for me. My suggestion would be to start by nailing down both series of numbers, for which I need your help.
What to do with them? I still have no idea, but let me continue.

On the deluxe edition, on the picture on the right page of Home Invasion, we have 4 sets of coordinates (one of each corner of the picture). Assuming they are all positive numbers, we get the following (using google maps):

51.602178,0.118029 - Middle of a field in Hailnault area (Epping Forest District, North East of London)
51.475069,0.081780 - Shrewsbury Park, East of London
50.886425,1.369235 - A point in the sea, between Calais and Dover
42.711256,23.261750- Street Ivan I Stilyana Paraskevovi 7, Sofia city (Bulgaria) (there seems to be a kindergarten here, don't know if this means anything)

To complicate things a bit more, the same set of coordinates appear on the cover of the Key of Skeleton book.

My gut feeling is that the chart in the Key of Skeleton book has something to do with the spoken numbers, but I still have no clue of how using it.

And this is it, anyone feels like helping here?

Back