Harmonium - L'heptade - New 5.1 mix of classic 1976 Canadian album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lads, here's what I can propose to you. Anybody who's located abroad and wants this set can send me a PM. You can have it sent to my address (with the free shipping option). Once I get the sets, I'll mail them to you directly. I'll charge you for exact shipping, which should be around $12 to $15 CAD.

I want you guys to get a chance to enjoy this superb album. :)
you are the man Simon. Do you think this set will be available outside Canada? To taregt a French speaking audience it might be available from Amazon.fr or Fnac as well

you are the man Simon. Do you think this set will be available outside Canada? To target a French speaking audience it might be available from Amazon.fr or Fnac as well

To be honest, I have no clue. It is possible that in the near future this may be offered on online stores in France, but at what cost? I personally wouldn't bet on it.

For anyone interested, the pre-order price is currently $28.97 CAD. Unfortunately, around $4 CAD of taxes are added to that plus shipping which will be between $12 and $15 CAD. I want to be as transparent about this as possible so to avoid unpleasant surprises. :)

you are the man Simon. Do you think this set will be available outside Canada? To taregt a French speaking audience it might be available from Amazon.fr or Fnac as well

The same FNAC that had first dibs on Universal's High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-ray's and then in one of their stores had buried them all by a backroom on the floor with the demo TV and system switched off..?

Oh yeah, they're definitely gonna pull out all the stops for this one.. not! FNAC = LMFAO! :confused:

That was why I went for the $25CAD 1-2 weeks, as the 6-8 weeks means it'll be lost in the Christmas post - its happened before to me!

Much appreciated Simon. When I order from Amazon.ca and take the Standard International shipping it says $15.98CAD. This is the slow version6-8 weeks. The 1-2 weeks option is $25 cad.

Much appreciated Simon. When I order from Amazon.ca and take the Standard International shipping it says $15.98CAD. This is the slow version6-8 weeks. The 1-2 weeks option is $25 cad.

Happy to help. :)

Whenever I ship to the UK, it takes about 5 to 7 business days for the package to be delivered. Obviously in mid-November it may take an extra day or so because we'll be closer to the Holiday Season, but it's still reasonable.

What I'll actually do is see my local record store and ask if I could get a better price than the Amazon.ca price for ten copies. Maybe we could save a little more there as well.

Whenever I ship to the UK, it takes about 5 to 7 business days for the package to be delivered. Obviously in mid-November it may take an extra day or so because we'll be closer to the Holiday Season, but it's still reasonable.

What I'll actually do is see my local record store and ask if I could get a better price than the Amazon.ca price for ten copies. Maybe we could save a little more there as well.

Royal Mail recruit extra staff for Chrimbo...

..so we should get them by Xmas 2017

:ugham:

That's a really good idea, I'm in!

At least the package is relatively unbreakable!..................I had a student holiday job with the GPO one Xmas, we all carefully placed items in containers to be told to do it much much quicker.........Frisbees anyone!

Royal Mail recruit extra staff for Chrimbo...

..so we should get them by Xmas 2017

:ugham:

Spinds good. Let us know what will happen.

Wow, a definite buy for me once checking some reviews. Hopefully "Si On Avait..." is in the pipes too!

On the official site for this reissue (in french): http://www.lheptadexl.com/dvd.html it says, if I understand correctly, that on the DVD is a filmed concert with a 5.1 mix for this live show... So unfortunately, no 5.1 for the studio album. :(

Thank you for this important piece of information!

This means that I will not be buying the set. I wish to apologize to everyone for announcing the DVD as a 5.1 mix of the studio album. At the time of my announcement, the only information I had was what was found on the Amazon page.

This is a missed opportunity as it would have made for an amazing listening experience and would have given the group's music some international exposure.

Just to be sure as to what audio is contained on the DVD, I will contact the studio responsible for the 5.1 remix and will report back shortly.

Thanks François. My French is poor, but I read this as its a new 5.1 mix of a concert from the 1977 tour of the album, what a shame - so I'll be cancelling my order, as once imported into the UK it works out as a lot of money for a DVD of concert, and as a rule they are never sound as good as the studio album.

On the official site for this reissue (in french): http://www.lheptadexl.com/dvd.html it says, if I understand correctly, that on the DVD is a filmed concert with a 5.1 mix for this live show... So unfortunately, no 5.1 for the studio album. :(

Thanks François. My French is poor, but I read this as its a new 5.1 mix of a concert from the 1977 tour of the album, what a shame - so I'll be cancelling my order, as once imported into the UK it works out as a lot of money for a DVD of concert, and as a rule they are never sound as good as the studio album.

Sorry Duncan! My post above could have been more detailed.

No problem, its what is good about this forum everybody finds out stuff which helps everybody else make a choice so :upthumb to the help but a :kaboom for the album! Shame to mix a live gig but not the studio album - I'll just look to get the CD of the studio album as it sounds good :)

Sorry Duncan! My post above could have been more detailed.

No problem, its what is good about this forum everybody finds out stuff which helps everybody else make a choice so :upthumb to the help but a :kaboom for the album! Shame to mix a live gig but not the studio album - I'll just look to get the CD of the studio album as it sounds good :)

Thanks for your understanding. :)

I think we can file that one in the Missed Opportunities folder.

Back