Help with Audacity please.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olgitnorm

600 Club - QQ All-Star
At last getting round to sorting out the Ten Years After tracks, am I right that you treat the 6 channels listed in Audacity like a circle in that the first is fnt left then fnt right then centre followed by LFE (or vice a versa) then back right and finishing with back left?

I'm typically pretty good with Audacity, though for some reason I'm hitting a blank on this one. Here is what I'm trying to do...

1. Take an existing multi-channel flac file (song) and split it into 2 songs (why? Because first 2 songs were incorrectly ripped as 1 and I want to split them out)
  2. I import audio, I see all 6 channels in Audacity (remember, I imported the multi-channel flac file)
  3. I find the split between the 2 songs and "add label at selection", which properly "tags" the spot where song 1 ends and song 2 starts
  4. I select, "Export Multiple"
  5. Metadata screen pops open, I can see song 1 and song 2 with the proper name I gave it. Only, when it exports, it shrinks all 6 channels into a single channel. I know this because when I play it in Foobar, it's only 1 channel.
Yes, I know about going into the menu of Audacity and in preferences/Import/Export - Custom Mix should be selected, which mine is......

So - what suddenly am I doing wrong? Makes no sense to me at all...I've not changed a thing since the last time I did this....

1546371663512.png

Normally when I go through this process, I get the pop-up window showing the channels and how they are assigned. I don't get that now....

Back