Hot New Audio Product Tops Amazon Sales

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Amazon sold more turntables than any other audio product last Christmas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 199
Amazon sold more turntables than any other audio product last Christmas.

Haha.. love that cartoon :D
..I nabbed that pic off the SHF and used it as my desktop wallpaper for a while last year.. :eek:

Solution to MultiChannel sale woes = release everything on Quad vinyl all over again.. ;)

(wonder if its technically possible to do a discrete 5.1 vinyl format?
.and what to call it.. not CD-4.. "CD-5.1" maybe....?

And the specific product was...
Amazon recently announced its top-selling home audio product of this past year. It was this Jensen JTA-230 3-speed stereo turntable with built-in speakers that includes an A/D converter and USB port plus an aux input for connecting a digital media player. All for around $50.00.
Read more at http://www.analogplanet.com/content...elling-home-audio-product#FPjGmY12wxY2cB52.99

Ha! :ugham:

What an utter POS.. all the herds of sheeple buying that heap of junk as part of the vinyl revival cannot be buying into records for sound quality.. that's all I'm saying! :)

Many of us fell in love with music without listening to it on nice gear! (AM radio, mono TV speaker, anyone?)

Many of us fell in love with music without listening to it on nice gear! (AM radio, mono TV speaker, anyone?)

Yes of course.. myself very much included.. I've never had really great gear, there's always a compromise (usually due to how I apportion the readies.. I've always been more interested in the software than the hardware, variety's where it's at.. and so I spend way more on records and discs etc than machinery.. no good having the most incredible exotic esoteric gear and only 3 records to play on it!) as it is, I'm not slagging off those buyers from some lofty ivory tower I'm hardly in Linn Sondek territory or what have you, the stuff I'm using is mostly budget shit in real hi-fi terms.. but but but forget all that, my point is = for not much more money than that Jensen thing, those people could be buying a record player that sounds quite a bit better, I imagine.. ah well.. I'll never understand why peoples is peoples.. let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. I'm pissed and past caring Mike, can you tell? :eek:

Very attractive setup there fredblue. I can't help but notice the land line telephone on the wall, though. I mean, who uses those things anymore?? :)

no good having the most incredible exotic esoteric gear and only 3 records to play on it

I totally agree! No point in listening to the kit when you should be enjoying the music.

When I started down the 5.1 road I bought a 'reasonable' amp & player, and some iffy speakers then poured money into discs. Then when the value of the discs way out-weighed the kit I started upgrading bits.

Very attractive setup there fredblue. I can't help but notice the land line telephone on the wall, though. I mean, who uses those things anymore?? :)

Thank you! It's all on a budget but it fills my little room ok :)

Oh that's the entryphone! (I had the door release disabled, I don't like those things at all.. get a lot of weird characters around here.. some of them are my friends and family! :D )

I totally agree! No point in listening to the kit when you should be enjoying the music.

When I started down the 5.1 road I bought a 'reasonable' amp & player, and some iffy speakers then poured money into discs. Then when the value of the discs way out-weighed the kit I started upgrading bits.

Interesting take on it Duncan.. as I get to saturation point with the old Quads and out of print SACDs etc., I suppose the true upgrade path on a decent budget will become more of a possibility.. still a long way to go though.. by the time I can afford a really killer system I'll probably be deaf or dead! :ugham:

Re sound quality of decent gear btw, always liked the idea of the system aurally "disappearing" so that the tonal qualities of everything in the chain were as neutral as possible and no one piece of equipment stood out as having a 'signature sound'.. but with lower grade kit IDK if that's ever really achievable..?

I would also like the system to disappear visually.. totally different thing but would love to bung all those gadgets, wires and various bits of electrical Mumbo Jumbo in a cupboard and shut the doors on it all, no more dusting (ah such bliss!) and so I don't see all the xmas lights flashing away, it's like the runway at Luton airport when I've got the ceiling lights off to watch a film.. (but it seems nigh on impossible, foolhardy even, to hide it away right now since bits of the setup keep going wrong so they have to be removed/replaced! If I ever come into serious money I'd get a company in to install a proper home cinema system (well a MultiChannel Music installation that is also good at movies! ;) ) from scratch, no expense spared, no compromises and hide it all in walls and ceilings etc. If you could dream and not make dreams your aim... :eek:

Those of us who live in areas where carrier pigeons seem modern :ugham: 3G is rarer than rocking horse sh*t down these parts :mad:@:

Having been in a few studios my system hasn't reached that level yet, but I think I'm pretty close to the point where the room response is the limiting factor. I've spent a fair whack of dosh over the last few years, but not fantasy land money (if only!). But my music collection is still worth more than the kit, both metaphorically and monetarily!

Interesting take on it Duncan.. as I get to saturation point with the old Quads and out of print SACDs etc., I suppose the true upgrade path on a decent budget will become more of a possibility.. still a long way to go though.. by the time I can afford a really killer system I'll probably be deaf or dead! :ugham:

Re sound quality of decent gear btw, always liked the idea of the system aurally "disappearing" so that the tonal qualities of everything in the chain were as neutral as possible and no one piece of equipment stood out as having a 'signature sound'.. but with lower grade kit IDK if that's ever really achievable..?

I would also like the system to disappear visually.. totally different thing but would love to bung all those gadgets, wires and various bits of electrical Mumbo Jumbo in a cupboard and shut the doors on it all, no more dusting (ah such bliss!) and so I don't see all the xmas lights flashing away, it's like the runway at Luton airport when I've got the ceiling lights off to watch a film.. (but it seems nigh on impossible, foolhardy even, to hide it away right now since bits of the setup keep going wrong so they have to be removed/replaced! If I ever come into serious money I'd get a company in to install a proper home cinema system (well a MultiChannel Music installation that is also good at movies! ;) ) from scratch, no expense spared, no compromises and hide it all in walls and ceilings etc. If you could dream and not make dreams your aim... :eek:

"all" i need now is the beer gut and the balding head..
(oh, hang on, too late! :D )

got me beer and doritos, so that's dinner sorted :friday:

Extremely neat and organized kit, Adam. The only thing missing is you waltzing around in your silk pajamas smoking a spliff......BTW, always LOVED that cartoon you have projected on the wall. Sums it up rather nicely.

I just cannot get enough of the "terminology" you guys are using...lmao

Dosh = cash, dough, bread, clams, a wad, etc.
Kit - system, setup, stereo.

I love it. :banana:

Extremely neat and organized kit, Adam. The only thing missing is you waltzing around in your silk pajamas smoking a spliff......BTW, always LOVED that cartoon you have projected on the wall. Sums it up rather nicely.

Thanks Ralph, I'm sure your system makes mine look like Noddy in toytownland..! :eek:

Funny thing about that cartoon, is in it you can see a little bottle of record cleaning potion, a record cleaning brush and all that paraphernalia.. and well, what's so funny is it's all here dotted around the "entertainment centre".. in amongst all the silicon detritus there's a Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, 2 x LD players (I used to keep both LDP's going for those movies that spread across 3 sides so I could watch the whole thing without getting up putting the lights on and fiddling with the 2nd disc! Poor babies are gathering dust now, don't know if they even work anymore.. :eek: ) satellite TV box, Mac, BD burner, BDP, Surround Master, the new CD4 gizmo, switchbox, MOTU interface, external HD, projector, Dave's KEF sub (which I daren't even switch on it would blow the walls out its so powerful.. so its a rather smart table for the record cleaning machine!), AVR is sat atop the REL sub (not ideal but there's nowhere else to put it!) that sub is kinda weedy/underpowered, so it does get used.. that's about it.. no room for a Quad 8-track player, I'll have to make room, a sonic shoehorn should do the trick to squeeze it in! :p

Its all v.modest and has to be kept neat and tidy since just about everything happens in this one small room (little dining table and chairs to the right of the pic, doesn't get used much I snack rubbish on the go mostly.. kitchen behind me, I keep my copies of Homo's & Gardens magazine in the oven since I can't/don't cook, the cupboards mainly stale dry goods, a few cans of stuff I'll end up throwing away in a years' time, booze of varying poisonous varieties.. racks of Ikea shelving to the left you can't see in the pic which can hold a wodge of vinyl etc in each little 12 x 12 cubbyhole, that I put up as a kind of room divider.. other side of which is sleeping quarters.. don't see a lot of the bed I'm up around 20 hours a day most days :eek: )... ah, well that was boring wasn't it! :rolleyes:

Yours blood suckingly,
Count fred the vampire
(I said "Count"..! Ah ah ah..! :D )

I just cannot get enough of the "terminology" you guys are using...lmao

Dosh = cash, dough, bread, clams, a wad, etc.
Kit - system, setup, stereo.

I love it. :banana:

Oh gawd.. sorry Gene.. I forget you all speak proper English and not cockney codswallop like wot I does, cor blimey guv an' no mistake! :D

Back