Hot New Audio Product Tops Amazon Sales

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having been in a few studios my system hasn't reached that level yet, but I think I'm pretty close to the point where the room response is the limiting factor. I've spent a fair whack of dosh over the last few years, but not fantasy land money (if only!). But my music collection is still worth more than the kit, both metaphorically and monetarily!

You're a man unto my own heart Duncan :)
I was talking about you to my Mum last night (your 4 ears must have been burning! :D ) and how kind you were with your Arlo offer and Quad/CD4 advice and everything.. maybe one day when I grow up I too might be an audiophile! I'll probably end up in jail before then but still one can dream.. ha :eek:

Thanks Ralph, I'm sure your system makes mine look like Noddy in toytownland..! :eek:

Funny thing about that cartoon, is in it you can see a little bottle of record cleaning potion, a record cleaning brush and all that paraphernalia.. and well, what's so funny is it's all here dotted around the "entertainment centre".. in amongst all the silicon detritus there's a Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, 2 x LD players (I used to keep both LDP's going for those movies that spread across 3 sides so I could watch the whole thing without getting up putting the lights on and fiddling with the 2nd disc! Poor babies are gathering dust now, don't know if they even work anymore.. :eek: ) satellite TV box, Mac, BD burner, BDP, Surround Master, the new CD4 gizmo, switchbox, MOTU interface, external HD, projector, Dave's KEF sub (which I daren't even switch on it would blow the walls out its so powerful.. so its a rather smart table for the record cleaning machine!), AVR is sat atop the REL sub (not ideal but there's nowhere else to put it!) that sub is kinda weedy/underpowered, so it does get used.. that's about it.. no room for a Quad 8-track player, I'll have to make room, a sonic shoehorn should do the trick to squeeze it in! :p

Its all v.modest and has to be kept neat and tidy since just about everything happens in this one small room (little dining table and chairs to the right of the pic, doesn't get used much I snack rubbish on the go mostly.. kitchen behind me, I keep my copies of Homo's & Gardens magazine in the oven since I can't/don't cook, the cupboards mainly stale dry goods, a few cans of stuff I'll end up throwing away in a years' time, booze of varying poisonous varieties.. racks of Ikea shelving to the left you can't see in the pic which can hold a wodge of vinyl etc in each little 12 x 12 cubbyhole, that I put up as a kind of room divider.. other side of which is sleeping quarters.. don't see a lot of the bed I'm up around 20 hours a day most days :eek: )... ah, well that was boring wasn't it! :rolleyes:

Yours blood suckingly,
Count fred the vampire
(I said "Count"..! Ah ah ah..! :D )

Adam, stop being so modest. You have a lovely system. When I was your age I didn't have a pot to piss in (a good ole yankee expression) and my 'kit' was way more modest than yours. Patience, Lad......your day will come.

Your unbridled enthusiasm for audio/quad/surround is what's contaigous and as your fortunes change....so will your system. Trust me on that!

Adam, stop being so modest. You have a lovely system. When I was your age I didn't have a pot to piss in (a good ole yankee expression) and my 'kit' was way more modest than yours. Patience, Lad......your day will come.

Your unbridled enthusiasm for audio/quad/surround is what's contaigous and as your fortunes change....so will your system. Trust me on that!

Thanks Ralph, you're a very special fella indeed.. you were my sa-cd.net hero.. some days I still pinch myself you're actually here, I thought you'd never make it over to the wonderful QQ but better late than never, you've racked up 1,400+ posts in such a short space of time.. wow! :yikes
You know, I was saying to Neil the other day I would so love to jump on a plane (*) and meet all you guys over there in the States.. we should have a QQ convention some day! What do you think?

( * disclaimer: I just have to get over my fear of flying first.. :eek: )

No walls in my world....to be honest...I absolutely wish there were ways for us to meet...
How much fun that would be...

Good LORD, Jerry Ford..!!! :yikes

You took the words right out of my mouth, Gene Jeanie!! I literally just said that to Ralphiepie..I did tho didn't I tho..!!! :yikes

Thanks Ralph, you're a very special fella indeed.. you were my sa-cd.net hero.. some days I still pinch myself you're actually here, I thought you'd never make it over to the wonderful QQ but better late than never, you've racked up 1,400+ posts in such a short space of time.. wow! :yikes
You know, I was saying to Neil the other day I would so love to jump on a plane (*) and meet all you guys over there in the States.. we should have a QQ convention some day! What do you think?

( * disclaimer: I just have to get over my fear of flying first.. :eek: )

Adam, the feeling is absolutely mutual. On occasion, I do miss sparring with the more 'obstinate' members at the old SA~CD.net (we had some classic brawls) but in the end it was ALL in good fun.

I LOVE QQ and should have posted eons ago but I guess I didn't want to serve two masters (so to speak). I have enriched my collection with the knowledge imparted by QQ members and I certainly don't miss the brawling (after all, I grew up in a crazy Italian house where all we did was 'brawl').

As for your fear of flying......well, I'm not a fan of flying....long lines, body searches and every time I've flown in the past, I experience ridiculous delays and the worst...I WAY overpack and when travelling alone it's a real PITA.

I hope we can all get together one day. Perhaps our moderator Jon Urban will furnish a QQ Corporate Jet (wink wink) with the name URBAN in HUGE letters (like the Trump monstrosity). FIRST CLASS, baby, ALL THE WAY.

Maybe in our next lives.....a private jet and a twin engine helicopter to whisk us wherever our hearts desire.

In the meantime, ENJOY your system and through nook or by crook one day you'll have what you want.........It certainly did NOT come easy to me. I'm still schlepping away when most of my friends are retired. But I don't play golf nor am I a world traveler.........Worldly, yes.......on the road less travelled.

I met Tonepub from SHF in the UK once.

hmm.. hasn't got quite the same transatlantic air of glamour about it that a QQ convention in sunny San Fran (or LA or Vegas, err.. wherever all you Quad lot hang out) would have :sun

almost sounds like something out of a Derek & Clive skit...

"I met this bloke.." (etc.) :eek:

Adam, the feeling is absolutely mutual. On occasion, I do miss sparring with the more 'obstinate' members at the old SA~CD.net (we had some classic brawls) but in the end it was ALL in good fun.

I LOVE QQ and should have posted eons ago but I guess I didn't want to serve two masters (so to speak). I have enriched my collection with the knowledge imparted by QQ members and I certainly don't miss the brawling (after all, I grew up in a crazy Italian house where all we did was 'brawl').

As for your fear of flying......well, I'm not a fan of flying....long lines, body searches and every time I've flown in the past, I experience ridiculous delays and the worst...I WAY overpack and when travelling alone it's a real PITA.

I hope we can all get together one day. Perhaps our moderator Jon Urban will furnish a QQ Corporate Jet (wink wink) with the name URBAN in HUGE letters (like the Trump monstrosity). FIRST CLASS, baby, ALL THE WAY.

Maybe in our next lives.....a private jet and a twin engine helicopter to whisk us wherever our hearts desire.

In the meantime, ENJOY your system and through nook or by crook one day you'll have what you want.........It certainly did NOT come easy to me. I'm still schlepping away when most of my friends are retired. But I don't play golf nor am I a world traveler.........Worldly, yes.......on the road less travelled.

Man hug for ((((((((Ralph))))))))
You're the best

hmm.. hasn't got quite the same transatlantic air of glamour about it that a QQ convention in sunny San Fran (or LA or Vegas, err.. wherever all you Quad lot hang out) would have :sun

almost sounds like something out of a Derek & Clive skit...

"I met this bloke.." (etc.) :eek:

There is a group called phonogram that had their get-together in LA one year. It was loose casual meet ups at different locations. I thought it was a tad dull. One guy I thought was a jerk online turned out to be just as much of a jerk in person. Wow, I thought he'd be cool it and give it a rest, but out at dinner even at the dinner table was making snide remarks directed at me.

But QQ would be different I'm sure. I've met foreplay in Los Angeles twice. We had dinner and hours of multichan chat it was quite wonderful.

well...fredblue is meeting me TOMORROW(or I'm meeting fredblue...) ...so, there's a little QQ meeting on this side of the pond-

and we'll paaaaarrtttyyyyyyyyyyyy

:banana::cool::brew:brew:brew:brew:brew:friday::woopie:51banana:

well...fredblue is meeting me TOMORROW(or I'm meeting fredblue...) ...so, there's a little QQ meeting on this side of the pond-

It's great "male bonding" I think it's called!

Good Golly... a momentous "meeting of the minds"..! :yikes

The Kaptain and The Kid..!! :worthy

There is a group called phonogram that had their get-together in LA one year. It was loose casual meet ups at different locations. I thought it was a tad dull. One guy I thought was a jerk online turned out to be just as much of a jerk in person. Wow, I thought he'd be cool it and give it a rest, but out at dinner even at the dinner table was making snide remarks directed at me.

But QQ would be different I'm sure. I've met foreplay in Los Angeles twice. We had dinner and hours of multichan chat it was quite wonderful.

What a sad arsehole.. I'll never understand some people.. if they get their kicks out of being horrid to a fellow human being, how pathetic of them.

fwiw, I had much the same experience the first Elton fan convention I went to (about 20 years ago now, how times flies..) and a couple of thuggish twats were making snide innuendo the whole time about me being gay.. I wouldn't have minded but I was straight at the time (had never done anything with a guy and never had any interest in doing so.. didn't do the whole homo bit til years after) but what made it even worse - and I remarked about it on the day to a girl I got friendly with, was how miserable it was to think that these people would identify as Elton John fans and have any kind of problem with anyone's sexuality.. :rolleyes:

I found the same in the States, the one that got me was looking for the toilet in a restaurant and only finding signs for the Rest Room :confused: ......... but I didn't need a lie down! :ugham:

I just cannot get enough of the "terminology" you guys are using...lmao

Dosh = cash, dough, bread, clams, a wad, etc.
Kit - system, setup, stereo.

I love it. :banana:

Back