How to Setup an Intel NUC for Kodi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
up to 5th = OK
7th = problems
8th = may be ok
6th = ???

I’m pretty sure I’ve read there’s issues with 6th Gen too, but I can’t confirm it now.

I’d upgrade 8th from ‘may be ok’ to ‘probably ok’ based on the review on The NUC Blog and the fix in LibreElec 9 alpha for 7th Gen.

Thanks. Sad affair that what was clear since its beginning, HD audio on HDMI, was broken time and again in several chips.

well G, my friend I just jumped down into the rabbit hole. I recently purchased the 4th gen NUC and all the other stuff you recommended along with 2 - 8tb western digital external hard drives. I figure 1 will be for movies and 1 will be for multichannel audio. probably gonna start with ripping my movies to mkv first since I think that won't be as time consuming. I only have a couple of hundred videos. anyways I want to thank you for the push/advise. Not looking forward to the time involved but I am not too dumb to realize that going forward this is without a doubt the 21st century technology to invest in.

well G, my friend I just jumped down into the rabbit hole. I recently purchased the 4th gen NUC and all the other stuff you recommended along with 2 - 8tb western digital external hard drives. I figure 1 will be for movies and 1 will be for multichannel audio. probably gonna start with ripping my movies to mkv first since I think that won't be as time consuming. I only have a couple of hundred videos. anyways I want to thank you for the push/advise. Not looking forward to the time involved but I am not too dumb to realize that going forward this is without a doubt the 21st century technology to invest in.

Welcome to the future. You will eventually run out of existing disks to rip and will then only need to do the new acquisitions as they come. You'll make a good portion of your rip time back by not having to search for disks anymore.

Also, don't forget, at some point you will want to start backing up back that 16TB of data. You don't want to have to rip this stuff again.

Back