I am (not) the quadiophiliac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my current trollings of the audiophiliac on twitter has me throwing down the challenge of letting me send him some quadraphonic samples to listen to/review. Not exactly sounding promising yet, but I'm persistent, lol...

1533514678656.png

So....if I put a quadraphonic sampler together, what tracks do you all recommend?

Start the disc off with "Rock On" for sure, then you could add tracks like "Babylon Sisters", "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding", "Gotta Serve Somebody" (Dylan), "Ventura Highway", Something from the Laura Nyro SACD, "Close to the Edge", "Thick as a Brick", "Moondance", "Landslide", "Shesmovedon", "Your Latest Trick", "Lucky Man", "Line 'em Up" (James Taylor), "Your Mama Don't Dance",

and to really get his attention, pick a track from "Disturbing the Universe" and let him wonder where it came from! :)

I'm sure the rest of you can come up with stuff I am unfamiliar with. Remember, I am skewed towards the old shit.

So my current trollings of the audiophiliac on twitter has me throwing down the challenge of letting me send him some quadraphonic samples to listen to/review. Not exactly sounding promising yet, but I'm persistent, lol...

View attachment 34151

So....if I put a quadraphonic sampler together, what tracks do you all recommend?

Sounds like one of those Later, AliGATOR tweets, Jonny. It's almost akin to 'turning' fellow QQ Poster and Classical Music Lover extraordinaire, Kal Rubinson, into a Whitesnake~loving, head banging' heavy metal lover! Ain't gonna happen!

Besides, that 'pile' of headphones behind his left shoulder should clue you in that he's probably a headphone geek...........http://audiolifestyle.pl/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/steve-guttenberg-i-am-an-audioph.jpg

Interesting subject. I posted on another thread my feelings towards mch vs stereo. I love stereo because the music I like comes mostly in stereo. Any mch release I purchase and I must say I have some duds because I don't like the music, but like last year when the XTC surrounds came out I was an instant fan of XTC. But I also have a guilt complex, when I listen to surround I feel compelled to sit and listen to the mch release the way it is supposed to be listened to, which is unrealistic for me, not good too sit for lengthy periods of time. I do like a quality stereo release, turning up and letting it fill the house as I do random chores, etc. I will continue to purchase and listen to mch releases and stereo releases. I have to believe I am the norm even in a surround forum. Didn't Alan Parsons say audiophiles listen to there rigs in order to be critical of a release vs listening to the music. C'mon Ralphie, lay it on thick.

Interesting subject. I posted on another thread my feelings towards mch vs stereo. I love stereo because the music I like comes mostly in stereo. Any mch release I purchase and I must say I have some duds because I don't like the music, but like last year when the XTC surrounds came out I was an instant fan of XTC. But I also have a guilt complex, when I listen to surround I feel compelled to sit and listen to the mch release the way it is supposed to be listened to, which is unrealistic for me, not good too sit for lengthy periods of time. I do like a quality stereo release, turning up and letting it fill the house as I do random chores, etc. I will continue to purchase and listen to mch releases and stereo releases. I have to believe I am the norm even in a surround forum. Didn't Alan Parsons say audiophiles listen to there rigs in order to be critical of a release vs listening to the music. C'mon Ralphie, lay it on thick.

You betcha, Markie: In order to properly listen to surround, you have to invest in a comfy recliner chair.....and the back shouldn't be too high as to obstruct hearing the rears. You should have a drink cup built into your recliner with wifi, etc. so you can get shit faced without having to get up and replenish the beverage or have a silent exhaust fan over your head to suck up the fumes from the joint/pipe/hookah. No one else should be in the room to divert your attention away from the MUSIC. If you're listening in stereo.......fuck those DSP modes.......they're bullshit. Stereo should be played in Stereo so that all the recorded energy is directed to those front speakers and not scattered around the room.

And most importantly, you shouldn't invest in music you have NO passion for. Take it from one who knows. I have a lot of bullshit music, surround and/or stereo that I thought I'd like .....but didn't.

Rather, spend that money on upgrading your equipment.

An audiophile's work is never done......there's always improvements that can be made.

When all else fails........take up mountain climbing or skateboarding ....a few broken bones never hurt anyone!:ROFLMAO:but whatever you do, do take care NOT to fracture your penis; a penis in a sling is a useless ding~a~ling!

Last edited:
You betcha, Markie: In order to properly listen to surround, you have to invest in a comfy recliner chair.....and the back shouldn't be too high as to obstruct hearing the rears. You should have a drink cup built into your recliner with wifi, etc. so you can get shit faced without having to get up and replenish the beverage or have a silent exhaust fan over your head to suck up the fumes from the joint/pipe/hookah. No one else should be in the room to divert your attention away from the MUSIC. If you're listening in stereo.......fuck those DSP modes.......they're bullshit. Stereo should be played in Stereo so that all the recorded energy is directed to those front speakers and not scattered around the room.

And most importantly, you shouldn't invest in music you have NO passion for. Take it from one who knows. I have a lot of bullshit music, surround and/or stereo that I thought I'd like .....but didn't.

Rather, spend that money on upgrading your equipment.

An audiophile's work is never done......there's always improvements that can be made.

When all else fails........take up mountain climbing or skateboarding ....a few broken bones never hurt anyone!:ROFLMAO:but whatever you do, do take care NOT to fracture your penis; a penis in a sling is a useless ding~a~ling!

Amen!

You could put those wise words to Baz Luhrmann’s - Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)! Perhaps a new audiophile classic?! :phones

View attachment 34151

You could always direct him to ‘The Collection’ AF SACD? I can’t see how he would prefer the stereo versions of ‘Black Magic Woman’ or ‘For The Love Of ‘Money’. Plus he could get a broad range of others... Without knowing what type of music he likes... He should also check out any from DSOTM, Rocks, Santana, Steely Dan, Poco, A Space In Time, Tomita, Chicago, Breakaway, oh heck could be here all day!

Back