I hate PayPal!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a PP account since 02 but now in the last 2 months if I buy a couple of things in a day suddenly on ebay check out I cant check out using my bank account but they (PP) will process the payment if I use paypay credit......hum! I spent about $60 on a tee shirt and a dvd yesterday, today I did a BIN on $12 worth of Alpine audio decals, nope got to use your PP credit or enter my debit card (same card for my normal ebay/pp check out). So I call PP (2nd time now) ask for a super in the USA and I'm told that a security algorithm is blocking me and it will rest in a couple of days, " but thats ok MR Dave you can use your PP credit account till then you have a 12k limit". So I say to USA PP dude "but I dont want to use my PP credit for $12, WTF over! Crickets on the other end, hello are you there PP, yes and I dont know why the security algo is doing this to you. PP are you aware of this problem, "yes it has been happening alot lately" Well PP what are you doing about it? Again crickets! So I tell PP and ebay your losing my business to Amazon on retail stuff again crickets. Unfortunately there is stuff on ebay you just cant get else where. PP is trying to force me to use PP credit in hope they will be able to rack up some interest, it's not like there isn't 2 or 3 k in my checking/debit account at any given time. WTF!!! And ebay and PP are contractual till 2020, only till then will there be a chance at some alternatives for ebay sellers and buyer. I'm ready to list some nice gear on epay but then PP will get theirs and that sticks in my craw!!!

I was having the same problem a few months ago, I was usually leaving my browser open on ebay and that's when the problems seemed to start. Try closing your browser down and trying again. Or log in on a different computer. I haven't had any problem lately.

I agree with Jon that ebay and paypal were much better years ago while separate entities. For one thing you could change the shipping fee yourself, now everything is set up beforehand, no flexibility anymore. I've used ebay for years but for buying only, I plan to start selling some day soon, but it's scary just how much power the buyer has now.

Aside: ever cut a head of cauliflower into "steaks" and roast them in a pan in the oven? Heaven. Olive oil, salt, pepper, a little garlic & rosemary. Yum yum yum

Hey Doc...that is the best post on this thread...recently I tasted a pizza with a cauliflower crust in Costco..and although I don't eat these frozen pizzas...it was pretty good...and it seems it is a trendy item right now....here is the one I sampled

If things become risky or dire enough, for enough sellers (causing them to sell elsewhere), I would think it would hurt eBay in the long run, forcing them to correct.

Wherever you go to buy or sell... there are going to be people who try to take advantage of the situation...there is no place that is immune to this type of activity...the ironic part of some of these complaints is that the "buyer" seems to have an advantage...which is usually the reverse situation in the business world at large.....so now we are concerned about "sellers remorse":rolleyes::unsure:

well I learned something from this thread from brother JonUrban.
I hate what PayPal and eBay have become. I remember when eBay discouraged you from using PayPal (back before they bought them). Checks were the rage (remember those?). eBay was great 20 years ago. Now, it's part of the fabric but it's not the same.

I do understand that there were unscrupulous sellers that took advantage of unsuspecting buyers, but in order to remedy that they skewed the entire thing towards the buyer so that in essence the seller is at the mercy of the buyer. If the seller sells a rare SACD for $200 and the buyer claims they instead received a CD and wants their money back, and sends the seller back a CD, PayPal will refund the money to the buyer. That's just not fair.

There is no way to prove what was sent, what was received, and what was returned.

oh God that would suck. thanks for the heads up, not that I ever deal in rare SACDs , but it does make me add to my mental list of what could possible go wrong.

Maybe I've just been lucky hundreds of times, but I've only had a fishy buyer once, and I think it was via Amazon, not eBay (claimed never to receive despite confirmation it arrived - I ended up getting most of the amount due back because Priority Mail includes $100 in insurance). At this point every seller platform is going to be skewed towards buyers, the same way occasional assholes are the cost of doing business anywhere.

Maybe I've just been lucky hundreds of times, but I've only had a fishy buyer once, and I think it was via Amazon, not eBay (claimed never to receive despite confirmation it arrived - I ended up getting most of the amount due back because Priority Mail includes $100 in insurance). At this point every seller platform is going to be skewed towards buyers, the same way occasional assholes are the cost of doing business anywhere.

I've had no problems on Ebay selling items and the fact that they insist you provide a tracking number has done a lot to prevent the claims that it wasn't delivered...and when buying on Ebay I only deal with sellers with an excellent track record...not the lowest price I can get....just so you know... "normal" priority mail includes $50 worth of free insurance....not $100...to get $100 you have to be at the commercial plus pricing level...or use Priority Express Service...

Back